Ashford University Enrollment Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

This was quiet the extensive interview process for a call center job. I was reached out by a recruiter via Indeed, has one phone interview with her, multiple testing, another skype interview, needed 5-7 references to respond by email immediately, and then a face to face interview. All behavior type interview questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone win something but didn't get any credit for it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ashford University

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ashford University.

Interview

I didn't apply for a position here. They contacted me and said my resume fit the position and they wanted me to do an interview. Before the interview they had me watch a video on what the position was and then when I went to the interview they said "forget what you see in the video. That's not what the position really is." It was a very underhanded attempt to get me into the interview. They also contacted one of my references asking really strange questions about his IP address, completely unrelated to the job or me. I also talked to several people after my interview who worked there who told me not to take the job. I think the reviews on here speak for themselves. Wouldnt waste your time.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an email from my recruiter, which lead to a telephonic interview. The telephonic interview was very thorough. I was asked questions off my resume and asked about experiences concerning the job itself. My recruiter provided me with a video so I could see exactly what the job entailed. This is a sit down, telephonic type of work. Basically I was asked if making phone calls and being hung up on and or negative people on the phones would be ok for yourself coming on board? My recruiter did an excellent job informing me and asking me fact finding questions to see not only if it was a good fit for them, but also if I felt is was a good job for myself.
    Next step I talk to a Supervisor face to face within the organization. I was very impressed with him, I was very impressed with the office building. The interview itself was somewhat reiterated from the telephonic interview. I was also asked questions off my resume and experience and or how much college I had accomplished. I also was asked to do two role play scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem talking on the telephone? What experiences can you tell me when a certain situation arose. Be prepared to answer from past experineces   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ashford University (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview to get to know you and ask general interview questions. Then the second step is a mock phone call with a prospective student on the line. Here the interviewee asks you questions that a prospective student might ask and brings up objections that a prospective student might have to enrolling.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview began with an initial call from a recruiter, this was helpful as he gave me a sense of what type of engagement might be necessary over the phone. The second part was a sit-down with my manager. I could tell that they were trying to see if I could hold a conversation.

Interview Questions

• They guided me through a mock sales call with a prospective student.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ashford University (Poway, CA).

Interview

I don't remember much about the interview except that I was interviewed by a random manager. He hired me and passed me back to the recruiter to tell me about starting. I had applied twice online with no response. It wasn't until I met a recruiter at a Job Fair that I finally was called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult questions. I was primarily asked about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. For me it was a $10,000 increase from my previous employer.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very quick. On phone then in person interview. They asked basic questions about your past experiences and where you would like to be in the future. No tricky questions. Most likely the person who interviews you will be your manager.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online,shortly there after I got a call, I went in for an interview in their downtown office. The interview was a one on one with a manager and was very casual. After the interview I had to submit transcripts. This all took place within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Did mock phone calls with the interviewer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The first two phone calls were simply to sell me on the position and the quick start date of September 6th. Everyone was nice and very professional, but it seemed like they were all reading from a script. I am not sure why I did not get offered a position maybe I was too arrogant with some of my answers, because after reading these reviews it seemed like a shoe-in. I did ask the interviewer a few tough questions at the end so I may have hurt my chances there. Seems like they only review employees performance annualy as opposed to semi-annualy due to the Senat hearings. Seems like it would be a good place to work, but you would be subject to intense micro-management.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The first interview is a short phone interview and then you move on to a personal interview.
    They want to know your sales background and how you would overcome objections. They present a hypothetical situation where a student objects to going to school and you are supposed to overcome their objection.
    The entire process went fairly quickly and in less than a week I was able to start working.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you did not meet sales goals/ quotas and what did you do?   Answer Question