Ashley Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ashley Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.5

Tampa Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture in August 2016.

Interview

Actually I didn't have an interview because HR lady just wrote me an email asking about my available times for phone interview and when I replied the same day (offering flexible times and asking about her time) she just disappear. Later I sent follow up email - trying to specify about phone interview and just nothing happened again.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview

standard, asked ordinary questions, had to do 2 interviews, one with supervisor and then another one with the manager, they make you feel comfortable, just smile and be yourself, they ask you basic customer service questions.

Interview Questions

had another job offer closer to home

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

The store manager was awkward and we had no iContact. I am assuming he has a hard time with women. I don't believe he has experience in interviewing people. I don't feel like he has a personable personality

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Advance, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Advance, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Arranged by a recruiter. There was a lack of clarity about the position - it reported to CIO but the people who would report to this person was not clear. The recruiter worked hard to prepare me for the types of questions and the overall type of organization. I felt like I had enough general background but the lack of clarity about the position made it difficult to feel good about the overall interview process. The initial on-site interview was with the CIO and a SVP. The CIO was late due to some issues at other facilities. He also did check his phone/messages multiple times during the meeting.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your experience starting with most recent first.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

3 total interviews
    Meet the store manager
    Sales manager
    regional manager
    2 weeks of training when hired
    They love to feed you lunch and prepare you to excel.
    Make sure to dress business casual and clean faces for men.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      Do you have any previous sales experience?   Answer Question

Visual Merchander Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through indeed and I received an email the next day to set up an interview. I interviewed a week later at a showroom. After the interview questions I was given an hour to create a bedroom vignette using items throughout the showroom. I was told a decision would be made a week later. I followed up with a thank you email and no response. A week later I emailed that I was still interested but again no response and a day later I noticed that the position had been reposted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very casual, I didn't feel like I was being interviewed for a job. We talked more like we were old friends catching up rather than an actual interview process. I was asked my experience in sales, I didn't have much in furniture sales so we quickly moved on and talked about how I was liking the warm winter we had and some other nonsense.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this table?   1 Answer

Senior Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was engaging and really painted a picture of an exciting, dynamic team developing an excellent product. They are putting in the effort to build a strong, healthy team.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Vendor Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Several phone screens, then on-site for in person interviews. I was recruited to a newly created position. HR reps were thorough and asked standard questions. Technical interviewers were less interested in determining aptitude than they were in detecting compliant behavior.

Interview Questions

The pay was not competitive for an IT-related position. They are a furniture manufacturer and don't appear to understand that weak benefits and low-tone management must be offset by higher pay.

Within IT Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview

Interview was to consist of 3 groups comprised of the highest level IT executives who flew in HQ in Wisconsin. They were 1.5 hours late in interviewing candidates. Interview was to last 2.5 hours but due to an IT issue which took 7 people to solve supposedly, all my interview was cut short by 1 hour and 10 minutes. First group interview by 2 outgoing and friendly IT personnel was fantastic. Smart people, good sense of humor, good questions and made you feel welcome and comfrotable. I was recommended to move on to the 2nd group. 2nd group interview was cancelled. I then had to wait more than 1 1/2 hours for a final interview for 20 minutes. They combined group 2 with group 3. This interview consisted of people up thru the CIO. Of the 5 people in this group, 3 were on their cell phone texting during the entire interview process. Interview questions were not well prepared and if any one person smiled in the room they would have cracked into a million pieces. It is a shame the demeanor they set for the company. It is also a shame that they could not adhere to their own schedule to allow the candidate to present themselves properly in the time originally allowed. I realize these things occur but it was a shame. The first two individuals I sat with in group one sold me on working with Ashley. The high level (3 of 5) IT execs who texted for 20 minutes which was the time allotted to candidates on this day was very unprofessional. Of the 7 IT execs I met only one person had been there for more than a year and a half. This may be a telling sign. I tried to provide my feedback to Ashley but they did not seem interested. They interviewed to fill approx 14 positions and the interviews were scheduled over a 2 day period. I can confidently say with great surety that those that interviewed on the 2nd day were probably hired. This is due to the fact they were given the proper attention, the scheduled time to interview and sell themselves and so on....
    A shame.....

Interview Questions

• Normal questions regarding people skills, challenging projects, how you handle conflict, accomplishments, relationship building and both leadership and technology skills from a 30k foot level.   Answer Question