Ashley Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ashley Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke with an in-house professional recruiter as well as a director on the phone. They were physically located at the headquarters in Wisconsin. Very pleasant and professional people. They knew their stuff and seemed bested in the company's best interest.

Interview Questions

• Open-ended questions - What do you bring to the table? What are you looking for?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Be upbeat and professional and you should get hired. Ashley is always looking for good salesman. The usual interview questions are asked. Nothing out of the normal. If you get the job offer sometimes it can take a week or two to get into orientation.

Interview Questions

• Can you work weekends, holidays and Sundays. They are required.   1 Answer

Front Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Olympia, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

New store opening, they had ad's on craigs list, work source, got called for interview, dressed nicely, they did not really interview anybody who was in jeans and such. Hired on spot. Young girl who interviewed me was pre-occupied with everybody else around her.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Brandon, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional, my contact in HR helped me through the entire interview process. The entire experience was very seamless, and I felt like I was being cared after as if I was already an employee of the company. Many phases of the interview, but all within the same day. Developer level, then Director level, then VP level.

V P Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, received a call the same day and went to the interview the following day. During the interview I was asked the standard interviewing questions which were not difficult to answer. I am currently waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked about my work experience.   1 Answer

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

It was one of the best interviews I've ever had. Very relaxed did not need to fill out an application went straight from my resume. Filled out online app after I was hired. I can't wait to get to work the people are high energy !!!!! Urine test and 10 year background check and I'm good to go

Interview Questions

• If the store manager seemed to be having a bad day how would I approach him ?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very well handled by all of the staff involved. Even when my hectic work schedule made it difficult to find a time for the phone interview, Ashley Furniture made a continued effort to get to know me. A lot of businesses would have just moved on. When the phone interview was finished, they told me they would call me back in a week to discuss the next step. They called back two hours later and asked me to come in for the on-site interview.

The on-site interview process was thorough. I met with a plant HR manager, the company's Master Trainer, a maintenance manager, and my potential boss. In a series of 1:1 interviews, each representative asked me various questions about my skills, my background in the position, and my level of investment. None of the questions were repeated, which was incredibly refreshing. I can definitely say this was the best interview process I have gone through.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of writing technical documentation?   1 Answer

BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. First interview was a screening from HR, second was phone interview with manager, and director of my department. After the second interview I met with my manager locally for a face to face. The final interview was with our CIO which was more of a welcome to the company. HR was extremely honest throughout the process and I appreciated them keeping me constantly informed of the next steps. The phone and in person interviews were very similar and very position description concentric. It mainly consisted of discussing my work history and skills that pertained to the open position. They made for a very friendly and comfortable environment to interview in.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Edison, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

People are put into positions they are over/under qualified for - recruiters modify/doctor resumes to fit the job descriptions; people conducting interviews are not part of the Human Resources team; cycled through different directors who had no experience with interviewing and no direct line reporting to for my role

Interview Questions

• Can you work with a CEO that constantly changes directives and expectations?   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Brandon, FL).

Interview

went over my resume and experience.
    asked why i moved to tampa, discussed my desire to further my education and get a masters.
    Then instead of being an interior designer, which was the job I applied for and the position available online... it was about that time that he decided I should be CAD specialist instead.

Interview Questions

• what makes you think youd be a good fit?   1 Answer