Ashley Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ashley Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.5

Tampa Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture in August 2016.

Interview

Actually I didn't have an interview because HR lady just wrote me an email asking about my available times for phone interview and when I replied the same day (offering flexible times and asking about her time) she just disappear. Later I sent follow up email - trying to specify about phone interview and just nothing happened again.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

60-90 minute phone interview.
    60-90 minute interview with a potential direct supervisor.
    One full day of face-to-face interviews with key stakeholders and facility tour.
    It took longer to interview and process this position as they were undergoing a restructure of the organization.

Interview Questions

• What are the characteristics of good leadership?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture.

Interview

standard, asked ordinary questions, had to do 2 interviews, one with supervisor and then another one with the manager, they make you feel comfortable, just smile and be yourself, they ask you basic customer service questions.

Interview Questions

had another job offer closer to home

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

The store manager was awkward and we had no iContact. I am assuming he has a hard time with women. I don't believe he has experience in interviewing people. I don't feel like he has a personable personality

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Advance, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Advance, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Arranged by a recruiter. There was a lack of clarity about the position - it reported to CIO but the people who would report to this person was not clear. The recruiter worked hard to prepare me for the types of questions and the overall type of organization. I felt like I had enough general background but the lack of clarity about the position made it difficult to feel good about the overall interview process. The initial on-site interview was with the CIO and a SVP. The CIO was late due to some issues at other facilities. He also did check his phone/messages multiple times during the meeting.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your experience starting with most recent first.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

3 total interviews
    Meet the store manager
    Sales manager
    regional manager
    2 weeks of training when hired
    They love to feed you lunch and prepare you to excel.
    Make sure to dress business casual and clean faces for men.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      Do you have any previous sales experience?   Answer Question

Visual Merchander Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through indeed and I received an email the next day to set up an interview. I interviewed a week later at a showroom. After the interview questions I was given an hour to create a bedroom vignette using items throughout the showroom. I was told a decision would be made a week later. I followed up with a thank you email and no response. A week later I emailed that I was still interested but again no response and a day later I noticed that the position had been reposted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very casual, I didn't feel like I was being interviewed for a job. We talked more like we were old friends catching up rather than an actual interview process. I was asked my experience in sales, I didn't have much in furniture sales so we quickly moved on and talked about how I was liking the warm winter we had and some other nonsense.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this table?   1 Answer

Senior Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was engaging and really painted a picture of an exciting, dynamic team developing an excellent product. They are putting in the effort to build a strong, healthy team.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Vendor Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Arcadia, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Several phone screens, then on-site for in person interviews. I was recruited to a newly created position. HR reps were thorough and asked standard questions. Technical interviewers were less interested in determining aptitude than they were in detecting compliant behavior.

Interview Questions

The pay was not competitive for an IT-related position. They are a furniture manufacturer and don't appear to understand that weak benefits and low-tone management must be offset by higher pay.