Ashley Furniture Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ashley Furniture

2.6

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Ontario, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

NO INTERVIEW DESPITE GETTING CONFIRMATION! I also had applied recently multiple times and at best got a confirmation of a phone interview and never got a call at the appointed time they said they'd call me.

Ashley Furniture Response

May 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to learn you did not find your interview experience satisfactory. At Ashley Furniture, we continually strive to improve and streamline our... More

Other Interview Reviews for Ashley Furniture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Regional Sales Director and I had the interview and discussion for about a 1/2 hour (The company had been interviewing other candidates during the same day). He mostly asked questions related to my current OfficeMax Retail Sales Consultant as it relates to the Ashley Furniture Sales Associate position they are hiring.

Interview Questions

• When selling a printer at OfficeMax, what was your approach?   1 Answer
    • If you are trained to sell according the OfficeMax standards and policies, then when faced with customers, you do not sell according to those standards and policies, how do you come across to fellow employees?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview. Interview with local store manager and finally with head district manager. After meeting with them and discussing details of healthcare info and incentive programs I was sent for a drug test screening. Shortly after this I was asked to begin a week of in store training.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture in April 2017.

Interview

Wow, I was really sold by the 3 managers I met with. I walked in to complete and application and interviewed on the spot with a sales manager. It was a calm, casual, but motivating interview. I was called about 4-5 days later by the sales manager and told that I was to come in to meet with the store manager. Excellent experience, manager seemed as though he was already mentoring me.

It was required that I meet with the regional manager before and offer would be extended. 2 days later, I met the regional manager. Super nice guy. We spoke for 15-20 minutes, was offered a position immediately afterward.

Each manager took the time to thoroughly explain the pay/commissions and anything else I might need to know. I'm really excited to begin!

Interview Questions

• More of an explanation of their hours/demands etc. Then asked how I felt about that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the branch manager followed by the Regional Manager. A very comfortable interview. They just wanted to know how I would handle the sales process and if Im able to generate and maintain buisness. Both represenatives were friendly and relateable.

Interview Questions

• Experience in sales and a positive attitude   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

3 total interviews
    Meet the store manager
    Sales manager
    regional manager
    2 weeks of training when hired
    They love to feed you lunch and prepare you to excel.
    Make sure to dress business casual and clean faces for men.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      Do you have any previous sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process was online it took about two or three weeks. If not called the store or go in person even better to ask for the hiring manager. Over all it ok the job seems better than a type food restaurant will if you have the skill to do it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work there ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Be upbeat and professional and you should get hired. Ashley is always looking for good salesman. The usual interview questions are asked. Nothing out of the normal. If you get the job offer sometimes it can take a week or two to get into orientation.

Interview Questions

• Can you work weekends, holidays and Sundays. They are required.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very casual, I didn't feel like I was being interviewed for a job. We talked more like we were old friends catching up rather than an actual interview process. I was asked my experience in sales, I didn't have much in furniture sales so we quickly moved on and talked about how I was liking the warm winter we had and some other nonsense.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this table?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Santa Clarita, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I received an email inviting me to attend a job fair and meet regional and district managers. There were zero candidates or executives there. The SM text me at 10pm telling me to be at a location an hour away at 3pm the next day. Highly unprofessional and inexperienced interviewer. I withdrew my application.