Ashoka Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashoka (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through its online form, which requires quite a bit of thinking as it asks non-conventional questions. I then received an invitation to a phone interview with the Search team representative, who put me in touch with a team that fits my interest. Had my second interview with the Africa team via Skype. Each call was around 30 minutes and focused more on personality. Received offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ashoka

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashoka.

Interview

Applied online and heard back right away. Submitted a resume and writing sample. Had one Skype interview before the offer and one following to discuss the position further. Manager was very helpful in making sure that the position fit my skills and interests. One week orientation provided to intern group that arrived at the beginning of the summer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a social problem and how you would go about solving it given unlimited resources.   Answer Question

Negotiation

unpaid, declined negotiation

Intern Interview

Interview

CV and cover letter sent directly to the regional office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ashoka.

Interview

Interview process is entertaining and extremely informal, at least in the beginning. They try to find out if you are the kind of personality that would fit in with Ashoka during the early stages. Then they send your profile to their various departments and see if any of them have any vacant positions that match your skill set. However, the gap between the first interview and the second interview (with the specific dept) is often a month or so and you probably won't have any communication with them between that time. Overall a good company, would love to work for them ( I was selected but I couldn't take up the offer as I had a better one) but would request them to be more formal about their process.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for the interview by going over your resume and being confident. In the initial stages, you'll be asked general questions like what you've done, the challenges you've faced, your failures and/or successes etc. It's a fun process and you get to hear from other candidates as well (they have a group interview too)   Answer Question

Had a better offer with another company in the similar social entrepreneurship field.

Intern Interview

Interview

Talked about past experiences, excel skills. The interviewer was very friendly. There was also some general behavioral questions, nothing unexpected. The most challenging question is probably what makes you entrepreneur? Also you have to understand what Ashoka does and what is the difference between social entrepreneurship and non-profit. Do some research always help.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashoka.

Interview

It wasn't an awful experience, but you definitely had to wait and see. They really are just looking for the right fit with the right team!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was interesting, having to do a speed dating round with different team members. Overall, gave me great exposure even during just the interviewing phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashoka (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

I just had this interview today so I am not sure what will come of it. The interview itself lasted about an hour and was very tough. Questions asked included:

1) Why are you interested in Ashoka and/or social entrepreneurship?
    2) What do you think social entrepreneurs have to offer that other organizations (ie. charities or religious organizations) don't?
    3) Is there a social change project that you have been particularly impressed by?
    4) Tell me about a place/group in your background that has been changed because you were there?
    5) Various other questions about projects I had specifically worked on and what I would have done to increase the scope of those projects etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ashoka.

Interview

1 phase: Curriculum and cover letter about: Relevant work or volunteer experience, Education, motivation to work for the company.
     2 phase: challenge, consisting in giving your opinions and solutions on how to involve business leaders in social initiatives.

Interview Questions

• Ashoka believes in an 'Everyone a Changemaker' world. How do you see yourself as a Changemaker?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashoka in September 2012.

Interview

First, I received an email notifying that I will be interviewed via phone. I was given a set of time slots and was told to choose one that would suit me. Then, I got a call at that time. The interview took about 15-20 minutes and was then told to come to the office the following week for an orientation. At the office, I was given a brief tour and told when I will be starting.