Asia Society Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Asia Society Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Asia Society

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asia Society (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I was invited to sit in a meeting room with two team members. We started by greeting and chitchatting. I was asked about my academic background and previous work experiences and what do you expect from this internship

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Asia Society

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Asia Society in May 2016.

Interview

Sent in resume, cover letter and writing sample via email, was asked back for a Skype interview. Interview went ok, but heard back a few days later that I hadn't been chosen. Interviewer was polite, on-time and pleasant. Mostly asked questions relating to my own background, with a bit about the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asia Society (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, sent my resume along with a cover letter. Within a week, I had a phone interview with someone from the team I applied for. After another week, l had a in-person interview with the same person who interviewed me over the phone. The interview was basically going through my resume and relevant previous experiences. Nothing too hard and unexpected.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Asia Society.

Interview

The interview was short around 30 minutes and relatively easy. We just went through my resume and what I would be doing there. She asked the regular questions that you'd expect. Past internships and such. She offered me the internship position right after and said that I could start the next day.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Asia Society.

Interview

Generally questions re. my experience as written on resume. The interview process was as to be expected, not too difficult or surprising. May want to know about the programs that they have run and if you have attended them. Try to attend programs and any groups they sponsor to show knowledge. Talk about why/enthusiasm for the organization

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asia Society.

Interview

I don't remember much. I came in in casual clothes. They asked what I was interested in so i said arts and culture. they mentioned they liked that. i didn't even try my best. but i got the internship.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult at all. I think i got in because i came from a prestigious university   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Asia Society (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied a few months after graduating from university, with pre-existing knowledge of the organization and their work. Internships are offered for eight offices under the umbrella of the Asia Society in New York, they do not require too many pre-existing skills. However, you must demonstrate some existing familiarity with Asia, or demonstrate a keen interest in the region. In addition to the resume and cover letter, Asia Society requires applicants to fill in a form with two references. There is also a phone interview and an in-person interview at the headquarters. I accepted the 'volunteer' position, unpaid.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with our organization? If so, please describe to me what it is you think we do.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asia Society (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, they contacted me after half a year (because I was abroad) for in person interview. Meet PR first, then department head (future supervisor).

PR's attitude was not good, makes me feel like they don't really value interns, just treat us as cheap labour or event support. Just a basic chat of my studies and previous experience, didn't ask behavioural questions.

The department head was friendly, asked basic questions on studies and previous experience. Had time for Q&A

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Asia Society.

Interview

I applied via a listing on Twitter. I got called for an in-person interview shortly after and did a short demo on Final Cut Pro to demonstrate skills, and was hired on spot. AS is always looking for interns each semester, and if you have a passion for Asian-related policies, language, art, and more, this will be a great place for you to learn.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas you have that can contribute to the organization? Think of some content related posts beforehand.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Emailed resume and cover letter, interview with program development team staffs. questions are mainly based on the resume.

Interview Questions

• there was one very detailed about one of my previous internship experience.   Answer Question