Ask Media Group Compliance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ask Media Group (Oakland, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

After completing an online application, Ask.com's HR contacted me for screening. We eventually scheduled a half-hour interview with an associate counsel. We talked about my work experience, familiarity with search engines, familiarity with contracts, etc. I was later contacted for a round of in-person interviews with their legal team.

The Oakland building is nice. It's sort of a bell jar but close to BART. There's no receptionist, so I buzzed the HR contact and waited by the foosball table. I spoke with four in-house counsel for a total of two hours. The associate counsel described the day-to-day functions while the senior counsel described the overall goal of the compliance associate. It seemed like interesting work with a decent legal team, and I thought the entire interview process went well.

Then came radio silence. After waiting several days, I followed up and received a standard unfortunate response: "We're moving forward with other candidates." Ugh. I was disappointed by the generic copypasta response, but I guess constructive feedback is asking for too much these days. Well, moving on..

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding contracts, business practices, etc.   Answer Question