Aspen Skiing Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aspen Skiing Company Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aspen Skiing Company

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company.

Interview

Meeting with HR, standard questions by phone. The whole process took about 30 minutes. Wanted to see what type of manager I was and problems I faced in the past.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses. How will it relate to the job you have a applied for. What type of manager are you and people had problems with your managerial process before. What do you like most about our company.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied for SkiCo on the Aspen Snowmass company website. Several days later, I heard back from the guest services supervisor. Because I was out of state, he attached several questions relating to my customer service experience in those initial emails. After answering the questions, I had a skype interview, after which I accepted a position in the guest service department.

Accountant Interview

Interview

easy, filled out a lot of paperwork, not much else to say. they were desperate to hire someone and they hired me. the hiring and interview process was a no brainer. it was an easy interview and they were desperate to hire someone to fix there problems. they were lucky to get someone with my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company (Aspen, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth and thorough. Excellent team and very high quality questions and discussions. There were several steps to the interview process, including preparing a presentation and discussing multiple behavioral interview questions. It was one of the most challenging interview processes I've encountered, but it was also very professionally satisfying.

Ticketing Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snowmass Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company (Snowmass Village, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

It's a rigorous application process, online. Attend a job fair and set up interviews while there. Have two follow up interviews asking a lot if great questions that allow you to really show who you are.

Interview Questions

• If you had to give up one of your passions, which would it be and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company (Aspen, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was so quick and easy. I met with , and then with two of the Managers. Then went in-store to have a final interview. Asked when I could start on the spot. After that, I just had to do a new employee day - ski test - and drug test. Then I started training.

Cook I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company (Aspen, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

HR is full of people who have no idea what's going on. Your best bet is to contact the managers directly where you want to work and proceed from there.

Interview Questions

• Please explain 5 situations where you solved a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company (Aspen, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

Easy, hassle free. Reviewed my resume in which I had experience working with children. Then there was an on snow examination to make sure that my skiing level was appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, they are very basic questions: why do you want to be a ski instructor? Why do you think you would be a good ski instructor?   1 Answer

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company (Aspen, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was more "intense" than I would have initially thought. I filled out an online application a few days before a local job fair. Having already completed the application, I was streamlined to the one-on-one interview portion of the process. That conversation lasted about 45 minutes, discussing my educational background, any teaching background I had, my level of experience working with kids (I was interviewing to teach skiing in one of the children programs), my proficiency in the sport, and generally gauging my personality. There were a few curve-ball questions regarding safety as the top priority, followed by fun and learning. In order to complete the process, I had to obtain three letters of recommendation to submit to the program coordinator (who, as it happened, was also the interviewer -- an aspect of the process that I liked and respected). A few weeks later, I received an e-mail offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you were told that you were being watched?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no real negotiation phases in the process. You are offered a part-time position with a base salary that is pre-determined by your qualifications. If you do not have any certifications from PSIA and do not have any previous experience instructing with the company, then you receive a job offer that pays $11/hour. No negotiations. That being said, if you go ahead and acquire your first level of certification from PSIA, you'll receive a pay raise, no questions asked. Also, after you've accumulated 75 hours of teaching hours with the company, you'll receive another pay raise. So even though the initial offer does not yield to negotiation, there is a clear path toward advancement.

Ticket Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Launceston (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Skiing Company (Launceston (Australia)) in August 2011.

Interview

As an international applicant, my interview took place over Skype. I applied through GrowUSA.com and they set up the interview along with my visa application. It was very straight forward. The interview went for 30 minutes and all questions were customer service related.

Interview Questions

• Customer service questions. Also questions relating to handling big spenders/celebrity clients.   1 Answer