AspenPointe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AspenPointe Interview Questions

2.6

Clinician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AspenPointe (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Seemed to be a pretty typical professional interview with several situational questions specific to mental health therapy. The interview lasted about 45 minutes alternating questions between two therapists at the site and one member of HR. There were about a dozen questions. The staff was friendly and willing to answer a variety of questions.

Clinical Interview

Interview

Standard interview with one hiring manager. Questions were behavioral related questions. Hr took forever to respond with an offer. Offer is take it or leave it with no room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to be a therapist? What made you decide on Aspenpointe?   Answer Question

Barista/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AspenPointe (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Met with the manager early in the morning. It was a very simple interview, no trick questions. I was asked about my previous work experience and that was about it. I was offered the job on the spot so if he's interested in you for the position he'll probably let you know.

You must comply with their TB testing before they let you work. Also, after being offered the job it was almost seven weeks before HR was able to get me in for paperwork (despite my persistent calls that weren't returned) so if you need to get to work immediately (as is often the case for hourly employees) be prepared to wait a long time without communication from them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered $9/hr. Take it or leave it.

Clinician IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AspenPointe (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

I had one in person interview with two hiring managers as I had applied to two separate positions. The questions were fairly standard interview questions. Both managers described the position in detail and what a typical day might look like as well. There were questions specifically related to my resume and areas of expertise. the background\referencing process is what takes the longest. I was asked to find W-2s from 2004 to prove employment at a company on my resume. There seemed to be a constant stream of requests for additional documentation. The background\referencing process is contracted out to another company. There was also a couple of short assessment testing knowledge of Microsoft products and typing speed. I had to go in to the HR office to complete the Microsoft testing because it doesn't work on a Mac. All in all the actual experience with the direct managers was really positive and the experience with the HR staff was as well. The company contracted to do the referencing not so much--they were friendly but it was a little ridiculous some of the things they requested.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AspenPointe (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Multi-person interview, many of whom are completely unprepared. Assume interview is 1 hour and will start late. Manager in interview may not be the manager when hired, so you may never meet or communicate with him/her before first day. Benefits are poor, and business practices within company is poor. It would be a good idea to stay away from this company.

Interview Questions

• How many fire hydrants are there in Long Island, NY?   1 Answer

Scared off by unpreparedness of hiring manger. If they are that poor for an interview, imagine working for that person.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AspenPointe.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contacted within 2 weeks. Interviewed by phone because I was currently out of state. It was a standard interview, lasting approximately 45 minutes. They asked questions about previous work experience and how I have handled specific situations in the past. I then did a skype interview about a week later with an HR representative. Similar interview, with many of the same questions as in my first interview. Also to to complete a background check, drug test, get an official copy of my transcripts, and take an online computer (testing on Word, Excel, Outlook, and typing speed) test. Took about 2-3 weeks after that to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific example of a time you have had to resolve crisis situation involving someone with a mental illness. How did you handle the sitution and how would you change what you did?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set salary, take it or leave it.

Career Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AspenPointe (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. I didn't have a second interview, but some other positions do. The background check process is extensive and takes a long time (2+ weeks in most cases)

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your biggest strength when dealing with an upset client?   1 Answer

Case Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AspenPointe (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2010.

Interview

Basic experience will be from any job in community based mental health services or residential treatment centers. Think "liberal mindset" regarding this job. Job is to refer clients(mental health patients) to various community services or ideally within the companies other programs. (keep the client inside the company system to keep billing medicaid/medicare of course.) Need to be a "follower" and march along to the company trends, any "rogue" ideas such as the "conservative" idealogy of strongly teaching independence and self-reliance is neglected as it would certainly lead to a reduced number of clients or less contact with clients, consequently, less billable hours to medicaid/medicare. Great for socialist minded people who will support the status quo. Company is driven by a billable hours matrix, not a client centered success based matrix. Job performance boiled down = billable hours. Hardly any relevance is given to progress/success of clients.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No willingness to negotiate.