Aspera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aspera Interview Questions

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aspera in March 2017.

Interview

I applied it online and received the coding challenge. After several weeks later, they scheduled me a phone interview. The phone interview started with some behavioral questions, and followed by two technical questions. The interviewer did not ask me to write the code, but instead let me explain my thoughts. After the interview, the recruiter said would give me second interview, but never heard from them since then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aspera (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was given a homework programming assignment. The recruiter was a non-native English speaker and bungled scheduling a few times. I passed the assignment and was scheduled for a call with a technical interviewer. The call never came and I wasted my morning on a trip when I could've done so many other things. Don't bother with these clowns.

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aspera (New York, NY).

Interview

The entire process took over 2 months.
    1. Coding challenge - Difficult
    2. Phone interview - Resume walk-through and shared details about the role. Experience Positive
    3. Onsite Interview - 4 45 min interviews with the members of the team. All nice and friendly. Not very difficult. Experience Positive.
    4. IBM aptitude test - Difficult
    5. Phone interview with the Co-founder - Din't show up at the time of the call twice and called late the last time. Recruiter is unaware that the co-founder din't call and needs to be notified each time. Experience Negative

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspera (Emeryville, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Really quick, got a reply within 2 days. It was a coding test having a problem related to concatenation of strings. I got selected for the next round and got a call for telephonic interview within a week.

Interview Questions

• I had a telephonic interview with them, they gave a question on shared screen and asked me to explain it on high level. It was a question related to passing of an array by reference.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aspera in October 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter after applying through a Linkedin posting. Solved the coding challenge. Went through multiple rounds of interviews. Interviewers seemed generally nice. Some interviewers kept asking similar questions. Some were unsure of the position I was applying for.

Seemed like there was a communication gap within the hiring team. They did a reference check and also started looking into visa, without first making an offer. Then went silent for two weeks. No clear feedback on how things were going, nor decision. Was kept waiting. When the recruiter did not reply after a week, I called them up to hear that they don't know how the timelines will align given visa stuff. Not convincing. Still no word about the offer. Waited for another couple of days. At this point I decided it was time to move on.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aspera (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was rather involved with introductory phone call. Followed by coding test, then two phone interviews, and finally a 6 hour in person interview. This was followed by multiple followup phone calls.

Company said that interview process went very well, and an offer was forthcoming. More than 6 weeks later no offer. This is a company that moves very slow and does not live up to their word.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aspera.

Interview

Pretty fast, had coding challenge, submitted in 2 days, got a reply the next day to schedule onsite. Schedule changes while onsite. Called onsite again, one of the person who interviewed me kept doing his/her own business on a laptop while interviewing and left saying he/she was busy.

Interview Questions

• basic coding challenge and concepts from classes I took   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aspera in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got reply soon. I was asked to write code to resolve a problem in two or three days. I sent my C++ code in the next day. A recruiter scheduled a phone interview but didn't show up at the specified time. I sent email to check and she said a meeting was overrun. Then she asked me to use Java to resolve the problem. I said OK and gave her the Java solution within one day. She rescheduled the phone interview. Again, she didn't show up again. And she didn't reply my email anymore. A couple of days later, another recruiter from Aspera called me and asked me to provide my Java code again and set up a phone interview with their CTO. It turned out that it's another no-show!

What company it is! It doesn't show any respect for the candidate. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• An average DFS and Trie related question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aspera (Emeryville, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Doing the coding challenge and getting the onsite interviews (6 1 on 1s in a day), happened within 2 weeks. But it was awaiting their decision that took forever. Eventually I didn't get the original position, but an alternative. After getting in I realized how many candidates apply and that they take a long time deciding. Honestly, I think they are looking more for senior engineers. Also, nobody really uses Java at this company, so if you don't know other languages that well your chances are lowered and you shouldn't do your coding challenge in Java. Ruby is used a lot in this company.

Onsite interviews weren't hard, for me I only got algorithms and knowledge questions, some people had several questions, some had none, no open ended discussion questions. Everyone asked several questions about stuff on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a previously established large code base (i.e. open source project) and how did you deal with just jumping into it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried negotiating, didn't work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aspera (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Just like other reviews, was given an code challenge out of the blue and asked to finished it during the incoming weekend. Next round is an phone interview with the hiring manager. He seemed to be interested in moving forward and asked me if I would be able to do an onsite. The recruiter asked me to call her after the interview and I have to say she is not a polite and friendly lady. She didn't listen to my opinion carefully and insisted on giving me another interview because I said my address in LA. I told her I would be in San Jose next week for another interview, so the location was not a problem, and she refused to listen and said it was all about the process not because of my local address. That was a lie, totally, her attitude became entirely different after knowing I didn't live in north CA. After two weeks, I still didn't receive any feedback or result. I asked for a follow-up, she finally responded and said the hiring manager was no longer interested and decided not to move my application forward. Generally, I won't recommend wasting the time interviewing with them. The code challenge is not something you can finish in one hour, not to mention people with full-time job or family. And after you spend so much time they can even forget you and you are the person who should ask for the follow up, like they don't even care. Very negative experience. It is just nothing more than a small company which keeps saying "we are par of IBM" in order to attract candidate, but in fact it is nothing but a disrespectful company.