Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer - DevOps/Release Interview

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aspera in October 2011.

Applied for the role via indeed.com. Received a call from the corporate recruiter 2 weeks later. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager that consisted of a brief overview of my experience base and types of projects I had worked in on in the past year. 3 weeks later they schedule a video conference interview via Skype which I greatly appreciated due to not having to fly out to their offices. The interviews were scheduled to take 2 hours it well into 4 instead. I met with developers, build/QA engineers and managers. Their work culture seems to be fairly laid back but also extremely customer focused. They asked a lot of technical questions regarding the software dev/build process and mainly focused on problem solving issues related to their development environment. Very professional and pleasant people to communicate with.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you had a build process that took 4 hours to complete from end to end. What would you do to speed up that build process?   Answer Question