Association For Energy Affordability Energy Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Association For Energy Affordability Energy Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Association For Energy Affordability

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Association For Energy Affordability

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Association For Energy Affordability in October 2014.

Interview

I was called by an HR person and interviewed in the Emeryville, CA office. Small comfortable interview with director and two other individuals. Was pretty laid back and not entirely formal which I liked. I've yet to hear back but have been told I'll be contacted. So far I've been impressed by the personnel.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't any direct technical questions asked as it was more discussion based.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Association For Energy Affordability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Association For Energy Affordability (New York, NY).

Interview

Landed interview via contact at company. Interviewed with the managing director - scatterbrain man that talked a lot - placed a lot of weight on my contact's referral. Not many questions for me as he talked for most of the interview.

He brought me in for a second interview. Very poor communicator -seemed pretty disorganized. He failed to tell me that I'd be meeting with a conference room of 15 people and a conference call with someone from California. Very unprofessional. I deserve the courtesy to know what I'm in for and prepare.

We concluded the interview talked about offers - compensation, benefits. What I am looking for. He said he would get me an offer in two weeks after I sent him references. He followed up with my references but never got back to me - even to say they're going in another direction. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate. Led me to believe I was going to be hired and then never followed up even with a rejection message.

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions. Head PE had a few tough technical questions related to the job and my previous projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Association For Energy Affordability (Emeryville, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume and cover letter to HR in response to an online job posting, and received a response the next day asking for an interview. The interview itself was with the director of the office I was applying to. It was very casual, mostly getting to know me types of questions, and highlighting specific points of my resume - there were no highly technical questions (the type you would want to crack open your engineering textbooks to review for). There were some standard interview questions, such as "what are your short and long term career goals?", but nothing abnormal. They didn't ask that I bring anything with me beforehand, but ended up asking for a writing sample, which luckily I had with me. I received an offer the next day, which I was able to bargain upwards somewhat (although it was a bit of a process).

Interview Questions

• If you were presented with a type of building HVAC system that you had no prior knowledge of, how would you handle the project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Association For Energy Affordability (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Quick 15-minute phone interview, very impersonal and I knew right after that I would not hear back from them. I didn't feel like I had the opportunity to show myself because of the extremely structured questions and time limit. I sent my resume and had phone interview within a week.