Association Member Benefits Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Association Member Benefits Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.4

Benefits Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

Interview

I would say they basically enjoyed taking a kid out of college and throwing big numbers their way to make them feel happy about a job. I passed up another amazing opportunity to waste an interview here.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel making more money than you ever have in your life?   1 Answer
    • *This was my question to the interviewer*:
      I saw reviews on Glassdoor about particular instances where people weren't told the whole truth about all the work they do. Elaborate?   1 Answer

Licensing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was simple- I applied through Craigslist. I met with who would become my supervisor and then had a second interview with the agents instructor and my supervisors boss. They were straight and to the point. I didn't feel over intimidated but motivated to show my best self. They were positive and encouraging throughout the entire process!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with multiple coworkers? (I came from many boss- assistant based positions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Then there was a joint interview with the hiring manager and the regional vice president. Then there were several role play interviews, to ensure you knew the material, in preparation for training with the hiring manager. There is a timed common sense test you must take.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral question interview questions.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

They will take anyone with a heart beat. Management is subpar and they are quick to denounce anyone who may help them succeed based on nothing. Interview process is a complete joke. If you're living with mom and dad you'll be ok. If you're looking for a new opportunity then forget th we guys

Interview Questions

• Typical, if you have a heart beat they'll consider you. You pay for everything   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Abilene, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

45 minute phone interview with regional manager, two face-to-face interviews with DM. After interviewing with regional manager, I was told that a DM would be in touch with me in the next 24 hours. It took about a week. The DM called me 45 minutes prior to wanting to meet with me for my 2nd face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold anything?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Three steps but pretty sure they take most credible applicants. Have to dress for the part. Said 2-3 people will be hired of the 10-15 that put in an application.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Benefit Advisor Senior Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I emailed my resume and was contacted the same day for an interview. The first interview they showed me a power point presentation about the job and gave me an assessment test. They asked if I was interested and I said yes so they invited me to a second interview. At the second Interview, I asked a few questions and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask many questions. I felt like they were selling me on the job. The company was very professional.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I was approached through email by one of the district managers, notifying me of an account executive position that he thought I qualified for based on my profile. My first red flag should've been that he said he noticed I had some insurance background, in which I had absolutely none of. But I immediately emailed back, very professionally and thorough. He then proceeded to just give me his number and said, please call me. I was put off, but decided to give him a call. I thought we were going to talk about the company and position, but all he did as soon as I called was asked when I was available for an interview and I told him. He then told me to text him the date and time and he'll get back to me for confirmation.

This was 2 days ago, and still no reply. He was very awkward and unprofessional, both through email and over the phone. From my experience, I personally wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.

Interview Questions

• No questions, because I was never given confirmation on an interview.   Answer Question

Benefit Advisor Senior Market Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a face to face with the Regional VP & District Manger. They were very professional, dressed sharp and were very upfront and personal. They did not sell me on anything more like they got to know me for who I am and what I bring to the company. Not a typical Insurance Agency, they are selective with the individuals they hire.

Interview Questions

• What separates me from everyone else. What is it about their presentation that I liked. Here is what a typical day looks like, what are my thoughts and how I would handle certain situations. What are some of my dislikes about sales and what I like.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

They have a 2 interview process. The 1st interview gave me a really good overview of the company, what they do, & how they do what they do. Then I was able to go home, process what I learned, go to their website, & come up with questions. The 2nd interview allowed me to get all my questions answered, get more detailed info, and start the paperwork to go to training. I think they have a very good interview process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me had I ever played team sports. I said yes. They asked how would I handle it if there were 30 seconds left in the game and it were up to me to make the last play that would win or lose the game. How would I handle the pressure. What a great question. I have in fact played team sports so I loved the question. I personally thrive off of pressure situations like that. I think they liked my answer :)   Answer Question