Association Member Benefits Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.3

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

They will take anyone with a heart beat. Management is subpar and they are quick to denounce anyone who may help them succeed based on nothing. Interview process is a complete joke. If you're living with mom and dad you'll be ok. If you're looking for a new opportunity then forget th we guys

Interview Questions

• Typical, if you have a heart beat they'll consider you. You pay for everything   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Abilene, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

45 minute phone interview with regional manager, two face-to-face interviews with DM. After interviewing with regional manager, I was told that a DM would be in touch with me in the next 24 hours. It took about a week. The DM called me 45 minutes prior to wanting to meet with me for my 2nd face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold anything?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Three steps but pretty sure they take most credible applicants. Have to dress for the part. Said 2-3 people will be hired of the 10-15 that put in an application.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Benefit Advisor Senior Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I emailed my resume and was contacted the same day for an interview. The first interview they showed me a power point presentation about the job and gave me an assessment test. They asked if I was interested and I said yes so they invited me to a second interview. At the second Interview, I asked a few questions and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask many questions. I felt like they were selling me on the job. The company was very professional.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I was approached through email by one of the district managers, notifying me of an account executive position that he thought I qualified for based on my profile. My first red flag should've been that he said he noticed I had some insurance background, in which I had absolutely none of. But I immediately emailed back, very professionally and thorough. He then proceeded to just give me his number and said, please call me. I was put off, but decided to give him a call. I thought we were going to talk about the company and position, but all he did as soon as I called was asked when I was available for an interview and I told him. He then told me to text him the date and time and he'll get back to me for confirmation.

This was 2 days ago, and still no reply. He was very awkward and unprofessional, both through email and over the phone. From my experience, I personally wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.

Interview Questions

• No questions, because I was never given confirmation on an interview.   Answer Question

Benefit Advisor Senior Market Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a face to face with the Regional VP & District Manger. They were very professional, dressed sharp and were very upfront and personal. They did not sell me on anything more like they got to know me for who I am and what I bring to the company. Not a typical Insurance Agency, they are selective with the individuals they hire.

Interview Questions

• What separates me from everyone else. What is it about their presentation that I liked. Here is what a typical day looks like, what are my thoughts and how I would handle certain situations. What are some of my dislikes about sales and what I like.   Answer Question

Benefits Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors.

Interview

They have a 2 interview process. The 1st interview gave me a really good overview of the company, what they do, & how they do what they do. Then I was able to go home, process what I learned, go to their website, & come up with questions. The 2nd interview allowed me to get all my questions answered, get more detailed info, and start the paperwork to go to training. I think they have a very good interview process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me had I ever played team sports. I said yes. They asked how would I handle it if there were 30 seconds left in the game and it were up to me to make the last play that would win or lose the game. How would I handle the pressure. What a great question. I have in fact played team sports so I loved the question. I personally thrive off of pressure situations like that. I think they liked my answer :)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I never applied for this position, but received a email while job hunting. The email stated that I might be interested in the Benefits Advisor position as there was unlimited earning potential and I would have flexible hours.
    I met with the Regional manager and had a pleasant interview and heard about all of his success in his 10+ years with the company. I also heard about all of the other people who were now making 6 figures after their first year. He stated that there would be hard work involved at first (blood, sweat and tears). Then he asked how much I would like to make my first year, to which I responded, "a minimum of $70K. He stated that there would be no problem achieving that goal and that they would have plenty of leads and opportunities to get me there.
    2nd interview was with the Team Manager which was a lot less structured but she did eventually explain the on-boarding process and offered me a position.
    A month later I began training.

Interview Questions

• How much would you like to make your first year?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Tyler, TX).

Interview

I was contacted for an interview. We met at a local hotel lobby, which I found a little odd. The interview was very informal, which was good. She said she liked me so much she was going to do the second part of the interview process at the same time.

Interview Questions

• She did not ask questions regarding my experience or how I think I would do in certain sales situations. It was almost like she was selling me on the job.   Answer Question

It seemed like a scam. You have to pay for training and licenses to work for them. I have never heard of a reputable company making sales associates pay to be trained.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Association Member Benefits Advisors (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email from the district manager to come into the Schaumburg office. I came in with reservations because this was A) a sales job, which is a job I hate and have done twice before with little to no success, b) straight commission, which can be hit or miss depending on the type of sales job, and C) the last job I wanted to take, so all of those I addressed in the interview. The district manager eased my fears a little by sharing her personal story with me about how she rose in the ranks of the company, as well as assured me that this position and AMBA are different because of their proven track record of delivering what they promise to teachers and employees of AMBA. I have given myself six months to give it a try as I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, but thanks to doing my research beforehand through Glassdoor and the BBB, I didn't go into this interview with blinders on.

Interview Questions

• When you were doing Sales with Sears Holdings Company did you feel confident about what you were selling?   1 Answer