Assurant Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assurant Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Assurant (Rapid City, SD) in October 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by three people, after a phone interview. The interview atmosphere was very friendly and open. I was comfortable with all of the questions that asked. I was given an opportunity to ask questions of them, and did so. I was very surprised I didn't get an offer after the interview, it went well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Assurant

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA).

Interview

My interviewing experience was rewarding and the interviewer made me feel comfortable. The interviewer went over interesting highlights about the company. My expected position duties were explained and I was given a tour. I was allowed to sit in with an employee to see, if I would like the position. That was a plus.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hourly pay was shared with me upfront and it was explained to me that I would be given opportunities to increase my pay based off my overall performance.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and didn't hear from them for over 2 weeks. Suddenly they sent me an email saying the position I had applied for has recently open, and I should apply for it. I wasn't going to do that because my previous application was less than a month old and i wasn't really denied the position. So what was the point of applying again.
    Anyway a few hours after i received that email, a recruiter from assurant emailed me to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled an interview for the following week. The phone interview was pretty easy. The recruiter was super nice, she asked basic questions about my resume, and also about 2 to 3 behavioral question. She thought the interview went well, therefore scheduled me for an onsite interview for the following morning.
    I got to the interview 15minutes early, and waited in the waiting area along with another candidate (not sure if she was interviewing for the same position). Anyway two supervisors came to get me for my interview, and we sat in the conference room. They were both shooting behavioral questions. As i had a lot of customer service experience, this wasn't a problem.
    The interview lasted for 20 minutes and they asked if i could stay a couple of minutes to meet with the Director. I waited about 3 minutes but they came back to let me know that the lady was in another interview.
    Long story short, they came back and offered me the position on the spot. I was then given a tour of the facility.
    You then get to do a background and drug test with a third party company. My only problem was the pay. I was offered $11, i took that as an insult because I already have a bachelors degree. Granted, I do not have much experience, but after paying for a private school education, I deserve a decent pay.

Overall, nice company, nice people, but very low pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Florence, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for this position twice. At both interviews, two managers were present, and in both interviews, they seemed to be portraying the "good cop, bad cop" scenario. Overall, both interviews were very thorough while enlightening. My biggest complaint is I never heard back from Assurant after either interview. I think it is important to inform a person they did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a situation in which your service disappointed a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Addison, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Basically you do a phone interview and then if you make it through that you are offered a face to face interview where two people from management glace over your resume and ask you scenario questions, after that you will get a call from the lady that did the phone interview with you extending the offer to you. You mostly won't start until a month or so after accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a customer that is really giving you a hard time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Assurant (Kansas City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy straight forward process. Applied online and contacted within a few days to schedule phone interview. Impressed that person calling had reviewed my qualifications and asked specific questions related to position applying for and not a standard list of questions. Friendly and informative with clear instructions for the next step in hiring process. A lot of companies leave you hanging with no next step expectations. I felt this was informative and not a waste of time by a large company looking to just weed out unqualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a stressful situation without it escalating?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I explained to her what I was looking for and she said this position would be perfect. A few days later I was scheduled to interview with assurant. A few days after that I was contacted saying I got the job and had to fill out all this paperwork, finger prints, and background check.

Interview Questions

• All of the question were about giving and example when you did something or were involved in a certain situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Florence, SC).

Interview

Applied online, got call from recruiter 2 days later

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

It was with Gerry, she is absolutely delightful. Very positive and helpful and makes you feel comfortable.She also made it comfortable because she would talk about her kids and grand daughter. It's a shame that she isn't the one running the dept that i worked in.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever done call center calls before? It was a very easy interview. Do i know how to use computers. What schedule are you looking for? Are you comfortable with first call resolutions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

the most intimidating interview