Assurant Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.3

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I did an online assessment and the same day I was invited to do a phone interview. After the phone interview they scheduled me for a one on one interview and 1 month later I received a rejection email. Over 10 years of call center experience. All of the questions were situational questions internal only and it tells a lot about this company. They have more issues internally. I didn't feel the focus was on the customers at all.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had a disagreement with a form of management.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Assurant

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first interview was scheduled and upon completion of the first interview and acceptance of the management team, there was a second panel interview. The process was pretty easy and I did not feel any intimidation at all.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation where I did everything I could to solve a problem and still failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

intense but very professional. I interviewed with a supervisor as well as the operations manger. Both asked about 10 questions a piece. They both seemed very knowledgeable of the company. Overall the interview was about 1 hour long.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very detailed. Phone interview and then 1-2 in person interviews if there was a call back. There was a phone interview with a Sr Rep. In person interviews were set with both managers and Sr Reps. After the interview I received both a phone call and a few emails with my offer with orientation information included.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with insurance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Assurant (Albany, OR).

Interview

I interview with a supervisors and an HR representative. They really listen to my responses and were engaged with me throughout my interview process. I felt very comfortable and not put on the spot.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant in April 2017.

Interview

Comfortable, engaging, straight forward............ Clear, fun, felt wanted g…The manager was nice, knowledgeable, friendly and she seemed genuinely interested in my background and responses to the questions she asked. Interview questions were customer service related and not difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Assurant (Rapid City, SD) in October 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by three people, after a phone interview. The interview atmosphere was very friendly and open. I was comfortable with all of the questions that asked. I was given an opportunity to ask questions of them, and did so. I was very surprised I didn't get an offer after the interview, it went well.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA).

Interview

My interviewing experience was rewarding and the interviewer made me feel comfortable. The interviewer went over interesting highlights about the company. My expected position duties were explained and I was given a tour. I was allowed to sit in with an employee to see, if I would like the position. That was a plus.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hourly pay was shared with me upfront and it was explained to me that I would be given opportunities to increase my pay based off my overall performance.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and didn't hear from them for over 2 weeks. Suddenly they sent me an email saying the position I had applied for has recently open, and I should apply for it. I wasn't going to do that because my previous application was less than a month old and i wasn't really denied the position. So what was the point of applying again.
    Anyway a few hours after i received that email, a recruiter from assurant emailed me to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled an interview for the following week. The phone interview was pretty easy. The recruiter was super nice, she asked basic questions about my resume, and also about 2 to 3 behavioral question. She thought the interview went well, therefore scheduled me for an onsite interview for the following morning.
    I got to the interview 15minutes early, and waited in the waiting area along with another candidate (not sure if she was interviewing for the same position). Anyway two supervisors came to get me for my interview, and we sat in the conference room. They were both shooting behavioral questions. As i had a lot of customer service experience, this wasn't a problem.
    The interview lasted for 20 minutes and they asked if i could stay a couple of minutes to meet with the Director. I waited about 3 minutes but they came back to let me know that the lady was in another interview.
    Long story short, they came back and offered me the position on the spot. I was then given a tour of the facility.
    You then get to do a background and drug test with a third party company. My only problem was the pay. I was offered $11, i took that as an insult because I already have a bachelors degree. Granted, I do not have much experience, but after paying for a private school education, I deserve a decent pay.

Overall, nice company, nice people, but very low pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Florence, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for this position twice. At both interviews, two managers were present, and in both interviews, they seemed to be portraying the "good cop, bad cop" scenario. Overall, both interviews were very thorough while enlightening. My biggest complaint is I never heard back from Assurant after either interview. I think it is important to inform a person they did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a situation in which your service disappointed a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question