Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.9

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week and a half later to complete a more thorough application and an assessment. A few days following I received an email from Assurant saying that they would like to schedule a phone interview. Immediately following the phone interview I scheduled an in person interview which will take place in a few days.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • what are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and were not able to help them.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • What do you like about working in a call center? What do you not like about working in a call center?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

The interview process is long and they tell you that up front. It can take 4 months. The interviews are engaging overall. Each interviewer picks a competency and asks questions, i.e. innovation, leadership, etc.

The actual interviews were engaging and informative.

The issue I had with the process is that I had eleven interviews and went on site 3 times. They put me in a holding pattern and would not provide updates. I had to reach out several times to get a status. It was over ten weeks from my last interview till I was told that I didn't not get the job. It gives the impression that they cannot make a decision.

The holding pattern lacks professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you are creative and innovative.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

They usually have an HR recruiter call you and feel you out. They ask you typical questions, they feel out your experience. Not too much structure. Then they send your resume to the hiring manager and you have another interview from there. I have had two separate interviews with them, every time I apply for them they call me, they act interested, however they are super weird about hiring non local candidates. They take a lot of convincing that you are willing you relocate. And then if you aren't local, even if you are willing to relocate at your own expense, they tell you they only like to hire locals and that they hiring manager will probably not want to go through with an interview, the recruiter will tell you they will follow up with you the next day and then you will ever hear from them again, if you follow up with them they don't respond. This has happened twice now. I have been trying to relocate to another state and even though my resume said my current state, they still called me and told me each time the hiring manager probably wasn't going to accept my resume because I lived in another state, even though I was willing to relocate at my own expense immediately. They are very skeptical about this and they have clearly been burned in the past with candidates not following through with relocating after they get hired, and I felt like each time all they did was drill me on relocation like they didn't believe me and asked me many an abnormal number of questions about why I wanted to relocate. I find this quite odd that they are so adamant about hiring ONLY locals for in office positions. I have never come across another company like this and have relocated before. I have to say I am honestly disappointed and will likely not bother applying again. They seem to waste my time as well as their own, why call me if you aren't going to consider me when it clearly states where I live on my application? Oh and as a side note their recruiters never call when they say they will, you really have to be persistent and even that fails at times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to relocate? Do you have family here? Do you have a lease? Do you have a place to live? What is your desired salary? What is your experience like.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant in April 2017.

Interview

Comfortable, engaging, straight forward............ Clear, fun, felt wanted g…The manager was nice, knowledgeable, friendly and she seemed genuinely interested in my background and responses to the questions she asked. Interview questions were customer service related and not difficult

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Assurant in February 2017.

Interview

My "interview" consisted of a 30 minute phone call. The first half was spent telling me about the company. But things changed dramatically when the "technical" part started. At this point the tone changed radically. The interviewer asked me a series of strange, abstract questions that had very little to do with the skills listed on the job req. At no point was I given any chance to talk about my skills or experience. It ended abruptly when the interviewer hung up without giving me any chance to ask questions. I asked kindly for another chance to prove myself but was ignored. Just an awful experience. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of very detailed database questions that no developer would be expected to know.   1 Answer

Associate Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

first HR then manager, HR ask personal and background information and after 2 weeks he scheduled another interview with manager, it is a phone interview and he asked me about my work experience, coursework, my projects, with SQL, SAS and statistical knowledge and some other questions.

Interview Questions

• SAS, SQL, logistic regression questions, estimate how many cars in Atlanta and how could you get the answer?   1 Answer

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied for a different position, but a recruiter contacted me and asked if I would be interested in a different role. The recruiter sent me two tests to complete: one timed online test that asked why I felt I would be a good fit for the role, and another 1-2 hour written exam to test my analytical skills. After completing and submitting these exams, the recruiter scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter did not call on the day of the scheduled interview, and when I tried repeatedly to reach out to re-schedule I received no response from him. The most unprofessional recruiting experience have ever encountered.

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly painless. I applied online, received an email to do an online qualifying assessment the same day. Did that then received another email advising me to set up a phone interview (this was actually with a recruiter from a staffing agency who was only verifying information already submitted). She scheduled me for a face-to-face interview with actual hiring managers. Someone mentioned this same thing: the resume the hiring managers had in hand was outdated, and I was quite mortified because my current resume, which I had submitted to the recruiter, had been professionally redone and eliminated unnecessary personal information. Upon my realization of this, my entire game was thrown off. The hiring managers were very nice but I found it near impossible to regain my composure. Needless to say, I feel I completely bombed the interview. I have not yet received an offer or decline as my interview was just this past Friday before New Year's Eve.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time when I went above and beyond my duties in a position.   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Customer Representative Interview

Interview

Received call from recruiter, from the moment she spoke asking to speak to me I knew it would not be a good interview. The recruiter was cold in every question and didn't even say thank you at the end of the interview process after making the interview process as if I was being interviewed for a crime. Worst interview process for Miami Assurant lovation. I was not called for an offer.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (North Richland Hills, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty much standard. Although right before ending I was asked to write a response on what I would tell a customer that we couldn't cover, which before then I'd never been asked to do at a interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5years, etc.   Answer Question