Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

257 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me to set up a phone screen so I responded with my availability but never heard back. How unprofessional! A friend of mine was doing an interview with them with a different position but he says the communication was so slow (It turned out to be the same recruiter). The company should let go some of those unprofessional/unqualified recruiters. They will ruin the reputation of the company.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was very quick and easy. I was called for a phone interview on 8/2, I did my in person interview on 8/4 and was given a offer on 8/5

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and reached out to the recruiter whom I had a relationship with. Received a phone screening. Then interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone. After that, it was an onsite panel interview. Closed up with a final phone interview with a business stakeholder.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week and a half later to complete a more thorough application and an assessment. A few days following I received an email from Assurant saying that they would like to schedule a phone interview. Immediately following the phone interview I scheduled an in person interview which will take place in a few days.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • what are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and were not able to help them.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • What do you like about working in a call center? What do you not like about working in a call center?   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Cleveland, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received an email from recruiter. Interview was scheduled pretty quickly whole process took about a week. Had a phone screen, interview was half simple managerial questions and half of it was about technical questions. Do prep simple technical and some design questions.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string, how will you design a deck of cards games, convert int to bit value.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant in July 2017.

Interview

The interview consists of two phone interviews with talent acquisition and the hiring manager. Then two in person interviews. The first in person interviews was with the hiring manager and other senior level managers. The second was with the head of the department. Overall, the interview process was ok. Nothing stands out, but moves forward quickly at the beginning, but not so much in the end. If not hearing any feedback in a couple of days (regardless what they tell you before the interviews), it'll most likely be a negative one. which is pretty standard practice in recruiting. No news = bad news.

Interview Questions

• How was your previous work experience related to the job opening?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

The interview process is long and they tell you that up front. It can take 4 months. The interviews are engaging overall. Each interviewer picks a competency and asks questions, i.e. innovation, leadership, etc.

The actual interviews were engaging and informative.

The issue I had with the process is that I had eleven interviews and went on site 3 times. They put me in a holding pattern and would not provide updates. I had to reach out several times to get a status. It was over ten weeks from my last interview till I was told that I didn't not get the job. It gives the impression that they cannot make a decision.

The holding pattern lacks professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you are creative and innovative.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

They usually have an HR recruiter call you and feel you out. They ask you typical questions, they feel out your experience. Not too much structure. Then they send your resume to the hiring manager and you have another interview from there. I have had two separate interviews with them, every time I apply for them they call me, they act interested, however they are super weird about hiring non local candidates. They take a lot of convincing that you are willing you relocate. And then if you aren't local, even if you are willing to relocate at your own expense, they tell you they only like to hire locals and that they hiring manager will probably not want to go through with an interview, the recruiter will tell you they will follow up with you the next day and then you will ever hear from them again, if you follow up with them they don't respond. This has happened twice now. I have been trying to relocate to another state and even though my resume said my current state, they still called me and told me each time the hiring manager probably wasn't going to accept my resume because I lived in another state, even though I was willing to relocate at my own expense immediately. They are very skeptical about this and they have clearly been burned in the past with candidates not following through with relocating after they get hired, and I felt like each time all they did was drill me on relocation like they didn't believe me and asked me many an abnormal number of questions about why I wanted to relocate. I find this quite odd that they are so adamant about hiring ONLY locals for in office positions. I have never come across another company like this and have relocated before. I have to say I am honestly disappointed and will likely not bother applying again. They seem to waste my time as well as their own, why call me if you aren't going to consider me when it clearly states where I live on my application? Oh and as a side note their recruiters never call when they say they will, you really have to be persistent and even that fails at times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to relocate? Do you have family here? Do you have a lease? Do you have a place to live? What is your desired salary? What is your experience like.   Answer Question

Material Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (York, PA).

Interview

You start with a phone interview where upper management or a supervisor will call, then go in for an in-person meeting with an HR rep to discuss schedule, shifts, etc, schedule and take a drug test at one of the facilities they list for you, then get ready for orientation

Interview Questions

• Are you able to perform repetitive tasks while paying strict attention to detail?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first interview was scheduled and upon completion of the first interview and acceptance of the management team, there was a second panel interview. The process was pretty easy and I did not feel any intimidation at all.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation where I did everything I could to solve a problem and still failed?   Answer Question