Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

They were rude and did not call after an appointment had been set for a phone interview...no reason offered with calls/emails going nowhere. I spent a lot of time going through the application process with taking tests just to get this awful treatment. They probably do this to their customers, too.

Customer Care Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

You have to fill out an application and if you are chosen a recruiter will call you to set up an assessment. If you pass the assessment then you will be interviewed with a group of Senior and/or Unit Managers.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about scenarios and the basic interview questions.   1 Answer

Talent - Ohio Region - Springfield Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Horrible experience - Treated very unprofessional - In my 20 years of being a Human Resource/Staffing professional I have never been treated like a 3rd class person! I think that the people that I interacted with should have some type of training on how to treat people. On a positive, I am glad that I found this out before I became an employee. If I treated people like this, I one, would not have a job, and secondly would never attract people to fill my jobs!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

Incredible interview process: challenging but great introduction to caliber of team you are working with. Be prepared to in with specifics - generalizations don't cut it here.

Interview Questions

• Provide us with statistical data on success of your campaigns. My tenure was before such data existed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. But in retrospect my hiring manager was the only weak employee in the building

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Lengthy process, One hour phone interview and numerous interview at the office. Skills test was 2 hours long followed by interview with hiring manager.

Negotiation

No negotiations available

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Assurant in February 2017.

Interview

My "interview" consisted of a 30 minute phone call. The first half was spent telling me about the company. But things changed dramatically when the "technical" part started. At this point the tone changed radically. The interviewer asked me a series of strange, abstract questions that had very little to do with the skills listed on the job req. At no point was I given any chance to talk about my skills or experience. It ended abruptly when the interviewer hung up without giving me any chance to ask questions. I asked kindly for another chance to prove myself but was ignored. Just an awful experience. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of very detailed database questions that no developer would be expected to know.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Florence, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for this position twice. At both interviews, two managers were present, and in both interviews, they seemed to be portraying the "good cop, bad cop" scenario. Overall, both interviews were very thorough while enlightening. My biggest complaint is I never heard back from Assurant after either interview. I think it is important to inform a person they did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a situation in which your service disappointed a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Long process. Taking too long. It depends if you have been referred by an employee might take less time than normal but you have to keep following up. It is very helpful if you know someone inside the company and if the manager is good. Thank you.

Director Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with boss and people i would be working with in different departments. Met with most of them on the phone as they were in different locations. None of the interviewers had planned questions. They described the job as they saw it and asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• Free format. They were mostly concerned if I could work well with them and I generally knew the work.   1 Answer

Research Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

There were two people asking different questions. There was also a test on Microsoft Word and Excel. You may have to return back for a second interviews. Please be prepared to ask questions during the interview. I had 5 available. Three questions would be good.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you encountered a difficult situation at work. How were you able to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate once I received my offer letter. They don't expect people to negotiate. It wasn't a long process.