Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.6

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

They were rude and did not call after an appointment had been set for a phone interview...no reason offered with calls/emails going nowhere. I spent a lot of time going through the application process with taking tests just to get this awful treatment. They probably do this to their customers, too.

Customer Care Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

You have to fill out an application and if you are chosen a recruiter will call you to set up an assessment. If you pass the assessment then you will be interviewed with a group of Senior and/or Unit Managers.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about scenarios and the basic interview questions.   1 Answer

Talent - Ohio Region - Springfield Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Horrible experience - Treated very unprofessional - In my 20 years of being a Human Resource/Staffing professional I have never been treated like a 3rd class person! I think that the people that I interacted with should have some type of training on how to treat people. On a positive, I am glad that I found this out before I became an employee. If I treated people like this, I one, would not have a job, and secondly would never attract people to fill my jobs!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

Incredible interview process: challenging but great introduction to caliber of team you are working with. Be prepared to in with specifics - generalizations don't cut it here.

Interview Questions

• Provide us with statistical data on success of your campaigns. My tenure was before such data existed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. But in retrospect my hiring manager was the only weak employee in the building

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Lengthy process, One hour phone interview and numerous interview at the office. Skills test was 2 hours long followed by interview with hiring manager.

Negotiation

No negotiations available

Status Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

You will be asked general and common interview questions to ascertain your work ethics from previous positions. You will then be given a random curve ball question. The question is designed to seem like there is a concrete objective answer, but it is not. It is designed to see how well you could handle bizarre dialogues from customers. These questions are never recycled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you were passed over for a position. Why do you believe that you were passed over and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn from a consulting HR professional. They said they liked my analytical experience and had a role in Atlanta which is local and encouraged me to apply. Finally we got to an initial phone screen that went OK but had red flags. One red flag was that the "vacancy" didn't yet exist as someone was currently in the job but would be leaving the country. They didn't say who was leaving the country or when or if they would be also leaving the firm with their departure. This aroused suspicion the job was never going to result in an offer. I found out there would be an "introductory" call with a Director. It was ambiguous if it was a phone screen or phone interview or actually an introductory call. I found out also the Director resides at the Kansas City, MO office. Always a red flag when they have a local job but the interviewer is 1,000 miles across state lines and they have you talking with a director you won't be working with locally. I should have pushed back and said I wanted to speak to someone local because the job was purported to be local but went forward anyways. The phone call didn't go very well. The interviewer made vague references to his team by first name only and were not on the call. These are people I knew I would never meet. He mentioned vague descriptions of their talents. He only asked me one total interview question. He also made vague references to working out of the Milwaukee office and that he had a house there. Not sure what those had to do with the job in Atlanta.

After this phone call I was given an excel based assessment. I spent 9 hours completing it and turned the document in by the one week deadline. Weeks went by with no response but they said the plan "still" was to set up a phone call with the Director and peer level employees would be reviewing my work on the call.

Finally, when asking for another status update, the human resources consultant said the "team" has decided to cancel the opening and re-create the opening as a manager level position. All they did was use me as a tool to determine what demand there is in the marketplace for working at Assurant and calibrate a new completely different manager level position. The job was bogus. They were using tactics all along I've seen before. They don't have anyone in place that can execute.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you received constructive criticism from someone you worked with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had to do 3 interviews and a project, but the project wasn't judged too harshly. overall they made me feel comfortable and were easy to interview with. I had to also have a phone interview and they were very flexible with time.

Associate Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

first HR then manager, HR ask personal and background information and after 2 weeks he scheduled another interview with manager, it is a phone interview and he asked me about my work experience, coursework, my projects, with SQL, SAS and statistical knowledge and some other questions.

Interview Questions

• SAS, SQL, logistic regression questions, estimate how many cars in Atlanta and how could you get the answer?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Assurant in February 2017.

Interview

My "interview" consisted of a 30 minute phone call. The first half was spent telling me about the company. But things changed dramatically when the "technical" part started. At this point the tone changed radically. The interviewer asked me a series of strange, abstract questions that had very little to do with the skills listed on the job req. At no point was I given any chance to talk about my skills or experience. It ended abruptly when the interviewer hung up without giving me any chance to ask questions. I asked kindly for another chance to prove myself but was ignored. Just an awful experience. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of very detailed database questions that no developer would be expected to know.   1 Answer