Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assurant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Phone Interview and face-to-face ones.

Security/Assurant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Simple!!

Interview Questions

• The actual work is not haft it's the employees and management   Answer Question

Loss Draft Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Started through a temp agency and that is how i got hired on permanetley and after being a temp associate for 11 months then i got hired on as a permanate associate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a rude customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interview

There were quite a number of rather technical questions, and then there was an extensive background checking. Also, multiple people were giving the interview. It took a few weeks before hearing back about acceptance.

Interview Questions

• How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Augusta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Incredibly easy. Phone interview with recruiter, then two in-person. Asked nothing relevant. Was hoping for well-developed training at such a large such a large company, but received virtually none. Should have seen the red flags. It's a paycheck, but definitely not for everyone. Consider your options before jumping the gun.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when when you showed leadership.   Answer Question

Processing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Assurant in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online which was easy. Then I received an email to take an assessment. I was unable to take the assessment because the link was missing. Then I received another email with the link which I completed first thing in the morning. Later that day, I received two emails: one requested updated application information and the other requesting that the assessment be completed. At the end of the same day, I received an automated call indicating that they needed updated application and a completed assessment. I called the number and got an automated response probably because everyone was gone for the day. Within minutes, a HR rep called me back. I explained the assessment for done first thing in the AM. He said he didn't get that information because it was before some cutoff which I didn't understand. Meanwhile, I received an email for a phone interview which was scheduled for the following Monday. The phone interview was strange in my opinion and the caller was about 20 minutes late calling. The beginning of the call he mentioned a couple of times that he was calling about the Specialist position, salary, hours and basic information. Other than that, he didn't seem to know a lot. Also, it turns out the resume he had of mine was so outdated. It didn't go well and I felt he was unorganized and didn't have many answers. I say this because I had an excellent interview in the morning where the opposite is true. The moral is go by your instincts. The interviewer was not polished and he was supposed to be a representative of the company. Maybe this is a good company but the initial call and process was not a good reflection of that. Today I got a nice form email saying I did not get the job. That's ok.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Easy and fast. The interviewers were really nice and friendly. They made you feel comfortable and they made eye contact. Also gave you a chance to ask questions and a tour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and didn't hear from them for over 2 weeks. Suddenly they sent me an email saying the position I had applied for has recently open, and I should apply for it. I wasn't going to do that because my previous application was less than a month old and i wasn't really denied the position. So what was the point of applying again.
    Anyway a few hours after i received that email, a recruiter from assurant emailed me to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled an interview for the following week. The phone interview was pretty easy. The recruiter was super nice, she asked basic questions about my resume, and also about 2 to 3 behavioral question. She thought the interview went well, therefore scheduled me for an onsite interview for the following morning.
    I got to the interview 15minutes early, and waited in the waiting area along with another candidate (not sure if she was interviewing for the same position). Anyway two supervisors came to get me for my interview, and we sat in the conference room. They were both shooting behavioral questions. As i had a lot of customer service experience, this wasn't a problem.
    The interview lasted for 20 minutes and they asked if i could stay a couple of minutes to meet with the Director. I waited about 3 minutes but they came back to let me know that the lady was in another interview.
    Long story short, they came back and offered me the position on the spot. I was then given a tour of the facility.
    You then get to do a background and drug test with a third party company. My only problem was the pay. I was offered $11, i took that as an insult because I already have a bachelors degree. Granted, I do not have much experience, but after paying for a private school education, I deserve a decent pay.

Overall, nice company, nice people, but very low pay.

Customer Representative Interview

Interview

Received call from recruiter, from the moment she spoke asking to speak to me I knew it would not be a good interview. The recruiter was cold in every question and didn't even say thank you at the end of the interview process after making the interview process as if I was being interviewed for a crime. Worst interview process for Miami Assurant lovation. I was not called for an offer.

QATestr Interview

Interview

Questions are more towards knowing YOU, accomplishments, and how much you know about the company. They speak highly of the company, its mission, culture, products and people. It was a great experience.