Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assurant Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Assurant in October 2013.

Interview

Pretty extensive; had me come back multiple times to meet additional people including staff that would be reporting to me. Seemed like I was answering the same question(s) for multiple people.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - why are you looking for a job, what about our position attracted you to us, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first interview was scheduled and upon completion of the first interview and acceptance of the management team, there was a second panel interview. The process was pretty easy and I did not feel any intimidation at all.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation where I did everything I could to solve a problem and still failed?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant in April 2017.

Interview

Comfortable, engaging, straight forward............ Clear, fun, felt wanted g…The manager was nice, knowledgeable, friendly and she seemed genuinely interested in my background and responses to the questions she asked. Interview questions were customer service related and not difficult

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Assurant (Albany, OR).

Interview

I interview with a supervisors and an HR representative. They really listen to my responses and were engaged with me throughout my interview process. I felt very comfortable and not put on the spot.

Loss Draft Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with three phone interviews between two people through a temp agency over the period of two days. After the third phone interview, I was informed that the hiring manager wanted to do an in person interview.

The in person interview was a breeze. I met with the unit manager and the team lead for the client I would eventually end up working for. They asked a few general questions like why I wanted to work there, if I had any experience with difficult customers, the usual stuff. They explained what a typical day was like before opening it up to me to ask any questions I had. They also explained that everyone hired on is a temp at first but that they make it their goal to hire on temps after their contract ends, especially if the person shows initiative and acts like they want to be there, because a problem they've had on their team is people not showing up.

Overall it was a great experience. I heard back a day later that if I still wanted the position, it was mine.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people at once. 2 managers and 1 quality assurance coordinator. The ask me the typical interview questions. The interview last about 30 minutes or so. They were very professional and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Front Line Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Addison, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer ask you questions about your work experience and ask a series of basic scenario questions. The entire process was super easy and laid back. Also be prepared to answer questions about future goals within the company. Again not a hard interview just prepare yourself to talk about yourself and the things you bring to the table.

Restoration Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Assurant (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Asked me about my previous employment and what, if anything that I'd researched about Assurant. I met with the Director and Supervisor at the time over rehab. Questions were asked about how my past experience related to the bid writer position that I was applying for as well as the issues I had encountered and what I'd done to overcome them in the past.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time that I encountered something difficult and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

There are some very nice people in the Talent Acquisition and very easy to talk too, the company is having many issues and they came out during the interview. Once we got the way through the process did they discuss salary. Even though i filled out my past history and "expectation" the salary for the position was significantly below my minimum. Once we started discussing salary, HR started telling me about all the salary cuts everyone in the company was going through and how people got "promoted: but had to do more work for the same salary. I appreciated the candor, they were trying to "bid me down" into a significantly lower salary.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being part of geographically dispersed team.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was very good and brief. More conversation and information from the interviewer. I felt comfortable during the interview. I attended one interview and received an offer letter via email and a call from the recruiter.