Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assurant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and didn't hear from them for over 2 weeks. Suddenly they sent me an email saying the position I had applied for has recently open, and I should apply for it. I wasn't going to do that because my previous application was less than a month old and i wasn't really denied the position. So what was the point of applying again.
    Anyway a few hours after i received that email, a recruiter from assurant emailed me to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled an interview for the following week. The phone interview was pretty easy. The recruiter was super nice, she asked basic questions about my resume, and also about 2 to 3 behavioral question. She thought the interview went well, therefore scheduled me for an onsite interview for the following morning.
    I got to the interview 15minutes early, and waited in the waiting area along with another candidate (not sure if she was interviewing for the same position). Anyway two supervisors came to get me for my interview, and we sat in the conference room. They were both shooting behavioral questions. As i had a lot of customer service experience, this wasn't a problem.
    The interview lasted for 20 minutes and they asked if i could stay a couple of minutes to meet with the Director. I waited about 3 minutes but they came back to let me know that the lady was in another interview.
    Long story short, they came back and offered me the position on the spot. I was then given a tour of the facility.
    You then get to do a background and drug test with a third party company. My only problem was the pay. I was offered $11, i took that as an insult because I already have a bachelors degree. Granted, I do not have much experience, but after paying for a private school education, I deserve a decent pay.

Overall, nice company, nice people, but very low pay.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. 2 people from the hiring function. One was the hiring manager and the second one would have been a future peer. The third person was from HR.

I have to say that the recruitment process was very unprofessional. The recruiters were horrible and didn't understand that they also needed to attract me. When scheduling, they said, our team members are available in 2 days, can you travel here for that. They didn't ask about my availability or apologize that 2 days was short notice, or really care much about my situation. It was all about them and their executives. It turned my off immediately and was a clear red flag as to what it might be like to work there.

At the face to face interviews, they asked some very stupid and irrelevant questions. The HR person was a total waste of time. They had me talk and talk and when there was about 5 minutes left, the interviewer asked me if I had any questions for him/her. Seriously...I'm going to learn what I need to make a career decision about the company with only 5 minutes???

I would recommend staying away from this company.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      Why do you want to be in this role?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      What challenges do you think you will face?
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Long process. Taking too long. It depends if you have been referred by an employee might take less time than normal but you have to keep following up. It is very helpful if you know someone inside the company and if the manager is good. Thank you.

Processing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Applied online from a work from home jobs website. After completing the application was sent an email to continue to the next step of the interview process, the assessment. After successful completion I received an email inviting me to schedule and interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Florence, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for this position twice. At both interviews, two managers were present, and in both interviews, they seemed to be portraying the "good cop, bad cop" scenario. Overall, both interviews were very thorough while enlightening. My biggest complaint is I never heard back from Assurant after either interview. I think it is important to inform a person they did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a situation in which your service disappointed a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Processing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Assurant in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online which was easy. Then I received an email to take an assessment. I was unable to take the assessment because the link was missing. Then I received another email with the link which I completed first thing in the morning. Later that day, I received two emails: one requested updated application information and the other requesting that the assessment be completed. At the end of the same day, I received an automated call indicating that they needed updated application and a completed assessment. I called the number and got an automated response probably because everyone was gone for the day. Within minutes, a HR rep called me back. I explained the assessment for done first thing in the AM. He said he didn't get that information because it was before some cutoff which I didn't understand. Meanwhile, I received an email for a phone interview which was scheduled for the following Monday. The phone interview was strange in my opinion and the caller was about 20 minutes late calling. The beginning of the call he mentioned a couple of times that he was calling about the Specialist position, salary, hours and basic information. Other than that, he didn't seem to know a lot. Also, it turns out the resume he had of mine was so outdated. It didn't go well and I felt he was unorganized and didn't have many answers. I say this because I had an excellent interview in the morning where the opposite is true. The moral is go by your instincts. The interviewer was not polished and he was supposed to be a representative of the company. Maybe this is a good company but the initial call and process was not a good reflection of that. Today I got a nice form email saying I did not get the job. That's ok.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Florence, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I done an application online, took a qualification test, completed a phone interview and then went in for a face to face interview. The person interviewing me acted like I was being interviewed to fly the presidents plane. She kept telling me what a hard job it is, strenuous work involved, etc. Which didn't bother me because I'm up for the challenge. It's been a week and I haven't received a yes or no answer so I'm hoping I get called in to start the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with a manager and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Had the phone interview, contacted same day for a follow up in person interview. Had it the week after. They require you do a written assessment, 15 minutes max time allowed. Single question of how you would handle situation. Then had face to face interview with Manager and Team Lead. Both were nice and welcoming. After the interview they told me that the recruiter would be following up with me to let me know if I got the position. Typical interview, go over you last few jobs and tell them what you did and the skills that you have acquired then behavorial questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where had a difficult customer and what the resolution was.
      How well do you deal with changes in policy.
      What do you look for in a manager.
      What do you know about Assurant and the position you are applying for.
      Why did you choose Assurant. Why do you want this job.
      Other questions centered on attendance, how many times throughout the year would you say you have missed.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview didn't use as many of the classic questions I'd expected, instead delved really deep into my current job and work history. They wanted to know thorough details of what I was doing now, and even asked multiple questions about parts of the job where the experience would never relate to the new job. They were very thorough in assessing my work ethic and ability, moreso than they were my particular skills. Skills came into question, but they didn't press my knowledge. Most questions were very specific to me, and they had obviously reviewed my resume beforehand.

Interview Questions

• 'Describe a time when you were pushed into something you didn't fully understand how to do, and how you handled it.'   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The first round was office interview with a recruiting manager and a senior associate. They were very nice and didn't challenge me at all. It was very casual interview and I did't have any technical questions asked.