Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very well organized. They stuck to the deadlines and kept me updated with regular status. Had 5 rounds totally, with one technical (statistical concepts), 2 resume walk throughs and 2 behavioral interviews. Being strong on foundation is key to cracking the interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA).

Interview

My interviewing experience was rewarding and the interviewer made me feel comfortable. The interviewer went over interesting highlights about the company. My expected position duties were explained and I was given a tour. I was allowed to sit in with an employee to see, if I would like the position. That was a plus.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hourly pay was shared with me upfront and it was explained to me that I would be given opportunities to increase my pay based off my overall performance.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Pre-screen phone interview. If you are selected, you are scheduled a phone interview with a department manager. Before this interview, you are required to take an online assessment that could be job-specific in nature. After the initial phone interview with manager, if all goes well, you are scheduled a panel face-to-face interview with other managers within the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Assurant?   Answer Question
    • What have you heard about Assurant and what we do?   Answer Question
    • Please explain in detail past job experiences. (not a question)   1 Answer
    • What would past employees or supervisors say about you?   Answer Question
    • How would you be able to handle working from home?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. 2 people from the hiring function. One was the hiring manager and the second one would have been a future peer. The third person was from HR.

I have to say that the recruitment process was very unprofessional. The recruiters were horrible and didn't understand that they also needed to attract me. When scheduling, they said, our team members are available in 2 days, can you travel here for that. They didn't ask about my availability or apologize that 2 days was short notice, or really care much about my situation. It was all about them and their executives. It turned my off immediately and was a clear red flag as to what it might be like to work there.

At the face to face interviews, they asked some very stupid and irrelevant questions. The HR person was a total waste of time. They had me talk and talk and when there was about 5 minutes left, the interviewer asked me if I had any questions for him/her. Seriously...I'm going to learn what I need to make a career decision about the company with only 5 minutes???

I would recommend staying away from this company.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      Why do you want to be in this role?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      What challenges do you think you will face?
      1 Answer

Staff Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Assurant (Cape Coral, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was clear and informative. Quick to the point. The process was convenient and it was set around my schedule. All my questions were answered and the interviewer was knowledgeable about the position and all the details of the job.

Interview Questions

• What were my expectations?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and didn't hear from them for over 2 weeks. Suddenly they sent me an email saying the position I had applied for has recently open, and I should apply for it. I wasn't going to do that because my previous application was less than a month old and i wasn't really denied the position. So what was the point of applying again.
    Anyway a few hours after i received that email, a recruiter from assurant emailed me to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled an interview for the following week. The phone interview was pretty easy. The recruiter was super nice, she asked basic questions about my resume, and also about 2 to 3 behavioral question. She thought the interview went well, therefore scheduled me for an onsite interview for the following morning.
    I got to the interview 15minutes early, and waited in the waiting area along with another candidate (not sure if she was interviewing for the same position). Anyway two supervisors came to get me for my interview, and we sat in the conference room. They were both shooting behavioral questions. As i had a lot of customer service experience, this wasn't a problem.
    The interview lasted for 20 minutes and they asked if i could stay a couple of minutes to meet with the Director. I waited about 3 minutes but they came back to let me know that the lady was in another interview.
    Long story short, they came back and offered me the position on the spot. I was then given a tour of the facility.
    You then get to do a background and drug test with a third party company. My only problem was the pay. I was offered $11, i took that as an insult because I already have a bachelors degree. Granted, I do not have much experience, but after paying for a private school education, I deserve a decent pay.

Overall, nice company, nice people, but very low pay.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Long process. Taking too long. It depends if you have been referred by an employee might take less time than normal but you have to keep following up. It is very helpful if you know someone inside the company and if the manager is good. Thank you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Easy and fast. The interviewers were really nice and friendly. They made you feel comfortable and they made eye contact. Also gave you a chance to ask questions and a tour.

Processing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Applied online from a work from home jobs website. After completing the application was sent an email to continue to the next step of the interview process, the assessment. After successful completion I received an email inviting me to schedule and interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Flood Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position the received an email to complete an assessment. After assessment I received a call from a recruiter who explained role and set up an in house interview.

I received a confirmation email of the time and date for interview and in email I was advised that I would meet with four hiring managers. When I went to the interview I only met with two managers. The interview was a lot of explaining the role and making sure that I would be committed to the job. I also was advised that I may have to act as back up for taking customer service calls. Overall the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Assurant?
      Explain your current position.
      Do you have any experience with Flood insurance?
      What does commitment mean to you?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. They offered what I asked