Assurant Interview Questions in Miami, FL | Glassdoor

Assurant Interview Questions in Miami, FL

Updated Jan 18, 2017

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Had the phone interview, contacted same day for a follow up in person interview. Had it the week after. They require you do a written assessment, 15 minutes max time allowed. Single question of how you would handle situation. Then had face to face interview with Manager and Team Lead. Both were nice and welcoming. After the interview they told me that the recruiter would be following up with me to let me know if I got the position. Typical interview, go over you last few jobs and tell them what you did and the skills that you have acquired then behavorial questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where had a difficult customer and what the resolution was.
      Describe a time when you were pushed into something you didn't fully understand how to do, and how you handled it.
      How well do you deal with changes in policy.
      What do you look for in a manager.
      What do you know about Assurant and the position you are applying for.
      Why did you choose Assurant. Why do you want this job.
      Other questions centered on attendance, how many times throughout the year would you say you have missed.
      Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL).

Interview

Interview with HR recruiter first. Then hiring manager. Typically a panel interview after that. HR is very slow so process does take a while. I cannot tell if that is HR or management.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on experience and "how would you handle" situational questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview and if they like your answers you will be asked for a person interview. Then the process is a panel of 3 different managers one being the head and 2 others who work under.

Interview Questions

• Basic Project Manager questions nothing in depth as they were looking for more personality fits than a real project manager. I would make sure you know and ask about the title position as they tend to steer you into what they see fit even if you are not keen to do so leaving you no choice if you want to keep your job.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL).

Interview

phone interview than you get email to schedule to in person panel interview with 4 other managers. panel interview was unstructured and not very good. they just sit down and stare at your resume and ask about you prior jobs then just ask a few customer service questions. that's it! managers were employees whom only been on the job for about a few months to a year. they are in charge of hiring, go figure.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL).

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Panel interview. Three additional interviews, two phone and one in person with executive management. Lengthy process for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of resume. Why I deserve the job. How it relates to previous experience.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster - Experienced, P&C Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

HR Representative requested I make the trip to the Miami office from Atlanta to complete a face to face interview with the claims manager but I never received the information package with he agenda for the process after requesting it via email and a follow up phone call, which I made contact with the HR representative stating he would send it. To prepare for the interview I check online for the products and service they offer but it did nothing to prepare me for the Manager I would meet with. Traveled my own expense, keep in mind I was unemployed. When I arrived everything was ok and the first interview was completed with a group of 3 managers, one was a little under the weather so he did not ask any question he simply observed and most conversation took place with the female manager that handle injury claims and the other male manger handled theft claims. The first interview went well in my opinion and once that interview I made the assumption the second was for subrogation position because the HR representative advised me he sent my information to that department as well based on my experience. That so was not the case. The second interview consist of 5 additional managers also from the claims departments and again mainly 2 of he managers in attendance carried the interview and the others sat there in silence. No many question asked of me and that interview seemed to be a bust.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/work experience?
      Between the two departments (Theft and Bodily Injury), what department would you prefer to work with?
      Ack you have a yellow belt certificate, tell me a process you implemented to assist in resolving a issue in your prior work history?
      Based on your amount of experience, have you ever considered a managers position?
      Answer Question

Insurance Specialistq Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

SOO EASY! i went to the front desk i waited in the lobby and the manager arrived and we went to another room where i had a 1:1 interview. The manager was very nice.
    second interview was a little harder and intimidating.
    panel interview but it went ok, everyone was very nice.

Entry Level Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL).

Interview

I originally applied for an entry level position to get a foot in the door, but the interviewer thought I was over qualified for the original position and offered me a higher level of clerical work with a higher salary. So it was definetly a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in five years?   2 Answers

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Call interview with managing actuary and notified of position by email about a week later that I had the position. I then had to do a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Asked special questions based on my experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview went surprisingly a lot fast than I anticipated AFTER the first initial phone call. I applied in January and didn't hear anything until July when a recruiter contacted me about completing the rest of my application. After that phone call I had one phone interview and then two in person interviews over the span of two weeks.