Astellas Pharma US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

3.1

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Northborough, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I want to first say that I went into the phone screen half-heartedly and didn't feel like I had prepared adequately. In any event, this review is specifically about the phone screen which appears to be conducted through a third party (ADP). First, I was told the conversation would be recorded. I have no problem with that ...what I had a problem with was the phone screener interrupted me after every other word to take notes...so I am baffled as to what the recording is for..maybe to protect themselves in the event of interview questions being illegal etc. in any event, being interrupted like that made it really difficult to complete a thought or provide complete information. Secondly, I was really feeling like this was not going any further when the phone screener asked me what I thought I could contribute to Astra-Zeneca....ummm. Thought I was interviewing for a position with Astellas? My response was..."what I hope to contribute to Astellas is...."

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to Astra Zeneca? (Yes, Astra Zeneca, not Astellas... go figure...)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Phila, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an invitation to a phone screening, then received an invitation to a face to face interview with two managers. Was asked to prepare a 5 minute sales presentation. They also used the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe an unethical situation that I had been in professionally and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview is a phone screen with HR, followed by a hiring manager. Next is a panel of 2-5 hiring managers. Final is an interview with the Sales Director and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving, leadership, working independently, selling scenarios. Lots of conversation to get to know your personality rather than "gotcha" questions.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

A half day series of interviews with HR, leadership, and staff who would work with the position. I was given an office for the day, and made very comfortable throughout. As much attention was focused on questions I had as there was on the interview questions. Everyone I spoke with was extremely friendly, and the logistics were all taken care of by Astellas and went smoothly.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by third party interviewer. Had a general 30 min interview on phone with the HR followed by a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager.

I was called onsite for a full day of interviews (5+ interviews) with hiring manager and other cross functional team members.

2 weeks later the HR called me saying that there are 2 internal candidates who are being considered for the position and I am not longer considered for the position.

What I don't understand is - why did they still accept applications while conducting these full days interviews ?? You will always find someone more interesting or internal if you keep accepting applications.

Advise to Management: Please be considerate of others time before calling them for all day interviews and then then telling them you are pursuing internal candidates.

Also, one of the interviewers was very weird and asked me questions about my marital status, kids, salary etc. However, the hiring manager was very knowledgeable and nice person.

I would have accepted the offer right away since it was a perfect fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen with someone from their HR department. Within the next 24 hours, I was able to schedule my first round interview.

A week from my phone screen, I met with a District Manager, someone from HR and a Senior Sales Rep. They had me walk them through my resume and then they asked the standard situational questions. (Give me a time when this happened; give me a time when you had to deal with ...) After the interview was done, they told me that I would hear from HR to see if I would be passed on to the second round. Within 24 hours I was able to schedule my 2nd round interview.

For my 2nd round interview, I met with a District Manager and a Regional Manager. Same as the first interview, they had me walk them through my resume and then answer situational questions. After their questions, we role played two different sales pitches. One was for a product I had sold in the past and one sales pitch was for a product that I could be potentially selling if I got the job. After my interview, they told me I should hear from HR to see if I made it to the final round. Within 24 hours I was able to schedule my final interview.

For my final interview, I was flown out to Chicago to meet with a Sales Director. Very different interview (For the better) very informational, very conversational. I actually enjoyed this interview the most because the interviewer wasn't too focused on my resume and typical interview questions, he was focused on getting to know me as a person and if I would be a fit for the company.

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Northbrook, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Relatively quick process from submitting my CV through the Astellas website to a brief phone screen with HR, a longer phone screen with the hiring manager and finally and in person interview with five separate interviewers and a presentation I was required to prepare and present.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a new territory/therapeutic area with regard to meeting new KOLs - what strategies do you use to schedule introductory meetings?   Answer Question

Senior Director, Strategic Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR, who found me on Linkedin. We had a 30 minute call covering the basics. Based on our discussion, she arranged for me to speak with the hiring manager. The call with the hiring manager was great. He we was very personable and professional. The interview went well. I hope I'm invited for another round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is my management style?
      What do I perceive to be the biggest challenge of the job?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Northbrook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

STAR Format - Behavioral Interviewing Style; usually 3-4 interviews after the initial phone screening; The interviews were all personable. Interviewed with HR rep, hiring Director, another Director in the dept, and Executive Director.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in February 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a positive interview process. I started by filling out a quick application online and followed with a phone interview. Then I was contacted by HR with an interview appointment time and location. The hiring manager was very pleasant to speak with and asked the typical types of interview questions. For example, why Astellas? Strengths/weaknesses? Relevant work experience? Etc.