Astellas Pharma US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Astellas Pharma US Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2018

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Northbrook, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Started off with a recruiter who asked me basic questions (employment history, salary expectations) Next was phone interview with hiring manager, which then progressed to in-person interviews, 5 separate 30-45 person interviews.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in November 2017.

Interview

First had phone screen with HR. Then face to face with hiring manager which I thought went well. The problem with this process is they never communicate with you directly when they decide to go with another candidate. You have to constantly check your profile on their site. Very unprofessional in my opinion

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in September 2017.

Interview

1st: Phone screening with HR woman typing in your answer
    2nd: Phone interview with hiring manager for your applied territory
    3rd: In-person 2 hour interview with 8-10 managers in Atlanta
    Final- NO email or phone call.

Advice for company: Please double check your emails that are being sent for scheduling interviews. I received an "insert link" and "insert job title" in both emails, and the confirmation email had a date that was not a real date. And please, do your candidates a favor by responding back to them. If you paid for their plane ticket and spent 2 hours with them, at least send a generic email stating they were not chosen for the position. From the start, there was poor communication. Please make it a better experience for future candidates.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was through a third party company that only was interested getting me off the phone under a predesignated time frame. The interview was extremely short and made me feel like my experience would not be accurately represented to the hiring manager.

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Northbrook, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone screening with the recruiter. After that, phone interview with two hiring managers. Offered job and accepted after the second phone interview. Great interview experience and work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict when working with a team and how you went about solving it.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Columbia, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

It was basic Python questions and database questions. The interviewer was expecting to know basic programming and coding skills and that too in Python. A basic idea of servers and Linux will do the work.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Northborough, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I want to first say that I went into the phone screen half-heartedly and didn't feel like I had prepared adequately. In any event, this review is specifically about the phone screen which appears to be conducted through a third party (ADP). First, I was told the conversation would be recorded. I have no problem with that ...what I had a problem with was the phone screener interrupted me after every other word to take notes...so I am baffled as to what the recording is for..maybe to protect themselves in the event of interview questions being illegal etc. in any event, being interrupted like that made it really difficult to complete a thought or provide complete information. Secondly, I was really feeling like this was not going any further when the phone screener asked me what I thought I could contribute to Astra-Zeneca....ummm. Thought I was interviewing for a position with Astellas? My response was..."what I hope to contribute to Astellas is...."

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to Astra Zeneca? (Yes, Astra Zeneca, not Astellas... go figure...)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Phila, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an invitation to a phone screening, then received an invitation to a face to face interview with two managers. Was asked to prepare a 5 minute sales presentation. They also used the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe an unethical situation that I had been in professionally and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview is a phone screen with HR, followed by a hiring manager. Next is a panel of 2-5 hiring managers. Final is an interview with the Sales Director and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving, leadership, working independently, selling scenarios. Lots of conversation to get to know your personality rather than "gotcha" questions.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

A half day series of interviews with HR, leadership, and staff who would work with the position. I was given an office for the day, and made very comfortable throughout. As much attention was focused on questions I had as there was on the interview questions. Everyone I spoke with was extremely friendly, and the logistics were all taken care of by Astellas and went smoothly.