Astellas Pharma US Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Astellas Pharma US Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Astellas Pharma US

3.3

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Chicago, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied on the company website just before the holidays. I received an email/text from corporate to schedule a phone screen with HR about 10 days later. After the phone screen, I was asked to formally apply for the position again via an email from corporate. The hiring manager called me directly the next day and we talked for about 20ish minutes about the company, the role, and what they were looking for in a candidate. Fast forward through the holidays. I received an email/text to schedule an in-person interview immediately after the company was back to work from the holiday shut down. I met with the hiring manager and the Area Sales Director together for about an hour. We went through my resume, they asked me a couple familiar STAR format questions (ethics-based, sales scenarios, etc.), and asked me why I wanted to work for Astellas. The next day, I was invited to come back for a second in-person interview with the same people. This was a 2-hour interview and consisted of a territory analysis simulation, a sales presentation, and more general questions about my experience, education, and why I wanted to work there. They said I would hear back about the role by the end of the week. My interview was on Tuesday and I accepted the offer on Thursday afternoon.
Overall, my experience was incredibly professional, prompt, and positive. I would suggest to anyone interested to do thorough research on the company and the culture. Prepare yourself as comprehensively as possible and it will pay off!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Astellas Pharma US

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US (Newburgh, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screen with standard compliance questions from a third party service hired by the organization. Then a phone screen with hiring manager and then to an in-person interview with hiring manager followed by an interview with the sales director. The total timeline was three weeks before offer was presented. It was then followed by an extensive background check, which is standard for the industry.

Interview Questions

• Utilize the STAR format for answers. How do you overcome objections?
      What motivates you to succeed?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas Pharma US.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen with someone from their HR department. Within the next 24 hours, I was able to schedule my first round interview.

A week from my phone screen, I met with a District Manager, someone from HR and a Senior Sales Rep. They had me walk them through my resume and then they asked the standard situational questions. (Give me a time when this happened; give me a time when you had to deal with ...) After the interview was done, they told me that I would hear from HR to see if I would be passed on to the second round. Within 24 hours I was able to schedule my 2nd round interview.

For my 2nd round interview, I met with a District Manager and a Regional Manager. Same as the first interview, they had me walk them through my resume and then answer situational questions. After their questions, we role played two different sales pitches. One was for a product I had sold in the past and one sales pitch was for a product that I could be potentially selling if I got the job. After my interview, they told me I should hear from HR to see if I made it to the final round. Within 24 hours I was able to schedule my final interview.

For my final interview, I was flown out to Chicago to meet with a Sales Director. Very different interview (For the better) very informational, very conversational. I actually enjoyed this interview the most because the interviewer wasn't too focused on my resume and typical interview questions, he was focused on getting to know me as a person and if I would be a fit for the company.