AstraZeneca Associate Scientist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Associate Scientist I

AstraZeneca Associate Scientist I Interview Questions

Interviews at AstraZeneca

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Frederick, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager emailed me to set up a phone interview for the following business day. The phone interview was not difficult, it was a straightforward discussion of the position and my qualifications. One week later the HR department scheduled a phone interview which consisted of basic questions about my background.

Two weeks after that I had an in person interview and met with 5 high ranking individuals in the department for a half hour each. These were all behavior based questions, most of them asking to describe obscure situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you tried to solve a problem where the solution caused more problems than before.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Associate Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2014.

Interview

The job was listed on LinkedIn, and I applied on the company website (a few questions and a resume). Three weeks later, I was interviewed over the phone which had me repeat the bullet points on resume and answer a question about integrity. I was then sent a more in-depth application to fill out on their website.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2009.

Interview

There is a phone interview with hiring manager, and then have an interview with the team and HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

HR phone interview screen, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later. The actual in person interview was almost a month later and 5 hours long. I thought the long interview was slightly unnecessary, some of the people I had to meet with were recent hires who were fresh out of college and didn't really know what to ask me. The rest of the interview was pretty typical- some STAR type questions and some about technical skills, past experience. The people were nice and interview wasn't too stressful. The complain I have is about Medimmune HR or whatever company they outsource recruiting to- they are terrible about providing candidates any sort of feedback post-interview. Most other big firms I've ever interviewed at, at least had the courtesy to follow up with an email or a letter that I didn't receive an offer, I didn't hear anything back at all, except for 5 months later when my status on the applicant website was updated to say the position was no open. Definitely not the right way to treat candidates when you're in the biotech world and trying to recruit the best, and not the best way to build a company's image or impression.

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

HR screening interview, followed by 30-minute informal phone interview with hiring manager. About a month later, I was brought in for a full day of in-person interviews (approx. 10). Many of the same questions were asked repeatedly, but overall the interview was not difficult. There was a combination of behavior, personal experience, and theoretical questions, but the majority of the interview was more laid back conversation. The day was long, but the interviews were not stressful. I did not hear back for about a month and a half, despite having followed up, which led me to believe I was no longer in the running. However, I was eventually given an offer, which I accepted. The process was long, but the actual interviews were fair, stress-free, and informative.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you know you are right about something but your co-worker disagrees with you?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview

One month after submitting the application on line, I got a phone interview from a our-source HR company. Questions includes research experience that are relative to the applied position, several behavior questions such as multi-tasking, integrity etc.

Interview Questions

• integrity. It is strange to be asked so.   1 Answer

Associate Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Applied online and after 10 days got an email to schedule phone interview. During the phone interview, the recruiter actually told that I am being interviewed for AS II position (for which I didn't qualify). After couple of days I got an email stating that I cleared this round and asked me to fill in some application form. When I clicked the link, it showed that I am not considered for that position! Yes, that was a big mess. I think that 3rd party recruiting agency don't have any grey matter. When I called them about this, they themselves don't know about this. And after many such phone calls, they told that I was rejected!

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a standard phone interview.
    About 1 week after the phone interview I was offered an on-site interview. The on-site interview was 2h long. 1h with questions from two of the people in the group. The second part was a tour of the department meeting more people from the group.