AstraZeneca Associate Scientist II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AstraZeneca Associate Scientist II Interview Questions

Interviews at AstraZeneca

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the process-- It was well organized, structured entire-day event. I went through HR phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, and then on-site interview in that order. I met with a mixture of people, ranging from junior scientists, to senior and principal level scientists, to vice president of the group and had to give a 45-min presentation on my research work. I am coming in directly from graduate school (PhD), with no postdoc, therefore I am not necessarily a good fit for the Scientist I position (which requires a postdoc). The position I applied for, was very relevant to my field of work, therefore I felt very comfortable talking about it. I didn't want to do an academic postdoc, and therefore this is a good way to get a foot into the door, if the goal is to move into the pharmaceutical industry. People were friendly, engaging, supportive and easy to talk to and accessible. I had a positive vibe after the day and saw myself working with the team.

Interview Questions

• What are your accomplishments, what work did you do, day to day activities, relationship with mentor? How did you manage to solve a research problem (troubleshooting)? If there was a conflict with someone you worked with, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate modestly-- I am new to this process, therefore I didn't want to seem too aggressive. But they offered me the salary range I wanted after one round of negotiation, and I was very satisfied.

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Mountain View, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

started with a phone interview with the recruiter followed by an in person interview. Then phone interview with supervisor. Then a half day interview with several people. There was no explanation as to who these people were and how I would be interacting with them. Two people did not even bother to show up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• About my work experience with certain types of assays   1 Answer

Associate Scientist II Interview

Interview

A full day of interview and the process takes a long time. It took over 3 months from when I applied to when I received an offer. The offer was pretty non-negotiable as they were not willing to budge on price.

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

HR asked to choose a time for phone screening and HM called about technical questions. Onsite interview includes a 45 min presentation and one to one interviews. They are all very nice people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contact several weeks later by an HR interviewer (screener) to assess my base qualifications. This was followed after a few more weeks by a telephone interview by the hiring manager and the project leader. After a couple more weeks, as a finalist, I was asked to come to onsite for a one-on-one interview. They paid for the flight and room, of course. A month after they made me my initial offer. I negotiated for a higher salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate for a higher offer and accepted the new offer. I was very satisfied.

Scientist Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about the interview after 3 days I applied online. The interview was held by a Hr, who seemed to be very nice. He asked me some questions to ensure my background information, and then asked questions about my previous experience and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you? How do you lead from the bench? What is your experience related to this position?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Had to schedule my own interview time with an online link. Got a phone call from HR at that time, was asked basic questions about things that I'd already put down on my online application, and the interviewer logged my responses. They asked what salary I expected to receive and asked what I currently earn. Was also asked about my understanding of integrity. The whole interview lasted 20 minutes. I was told I'd hear back in 2 weeks.

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial application was just to send in a CV via the MedImmune recruitment website. All contact thereafter was via email through the "talent acquisition team". Phone interview arranged for 5 weeks later with a HR guy from the US. Face to face interview arranged after about 4 weeks. I could schedule all interviews according to my available by online calendars.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was very basic. A guy in HR asking questions about stuff he could have got from the CV. Only 'difficult' question was "Tell me what integrity means to you" and also "How would you set up an in vitro antibody target screen". He was from HR so told me to be slow and basic so he could understand. Face to face interview was more rigorous. Consisted of a 2 person panel who went through skills and competency based on my CV. Then questions about teamwork, any difficulties I've had to overcome with colleagues, that kind of thing. Then a one on one with the director of oncology. A tour and a final informal chat. They took their time, didn't feel rushed, seems like a nice place to work!   1 Answer

Associate Scientist II Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2011.

Interview

I first talked with a company representative about the job opening at a career fair. After a few days, I was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview on their online application site. The phone interview was given by HR personnel and was mostly behavior-type questions. Maybe a week later, I received an interview call from the hiring manager. This second phone interview was more focused on my background and technical skills. Another week later, I was contacted by email to setup an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was a whole day process and included a presentation from me, lunch, and several one-on-one chats with senior company employees. My presentation went well, and I received many questions from my audience. All employees that I talked to were very kind and eager to talk to me. Many of them asked me about my skills and background and why I felt I would fit well in the company. They told me about the company, their specific jobs, and why Medimmune was a good place to work. Overall, I would say the entire interview process was very positive and informative. It seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the specific wording, but I was asked a question regarding the biology behind adaptive immunity.   1 Answer

Associate Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview that got to my skills and experience.
    I had an on site 1 day interview. I talked with ~10 scientists at all levels up to VP. I gave a seminar to ~20 people.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work in the industry (as oppose to Academia)?   1 Answer