AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process took 3+ weeks. At the last phase, 3 hours before the in-person interview, the hiring manager cancelled the appointment. I'm at a loss for words. No explanation has been given although the previous phone interview has been passed with positive feedback.

CRM Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter in late October 2016. Setup phone screen quickly. Set up in person interview for early November and completed employee profile assessment before my on-site interview. Drove from central New Jersey to Delaware for the interview and met with two people in a group interview setting. Questions were normal experience based questions - "Tell us about an experience where you ___."

Never heard back from them or the recruiter until I reached out this year and asked if there was any feedback. Was told there wasn't any feedback and they hired someone else. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you experienced when launching a new program and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Asked to drive to another city for interviews. When I arrived I waited 30 - 40 minutes . No one came out to let me know they were running late. Finally someone came out to greet me. I was given little information on the interview or what to expect. It was mainly STAR questions. I was told by the hiring panel my background was too different and wouldn't understand pharma. Why did you invite me to interview if you believed that? I drove 2 -3 hours home. Sent over a thank you email. The one interviewer immediately replied wishing me best of luck in future endeavors. This sort of poor treatment of candidates reflects badly on their company.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Initially spoke with the department head and was invited to an onsite interview. Gave a presentation on my work in front of the whole group. Spoke with multiple people within the department as well as others outside of the department. Overall experience was positive and learned a lot from it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

First reviewed resume, every job. Then SMART format questions. Typical questions: tell me about situation as such...what did you do and the results. Interviewed with the regional sales manager and area business director.

Interview Questions

• Describe difficult customer situation, how did you deal with it and the result.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application. Then was contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was roughly thirty minutes and was conducted by a third party. Very friendly, just talked through my resume and asked why I left those roles. Then asked a few questions about expected salary, let me know about travel requirement and if I was comfortable with the amount. Also talked about training schedule and asked about applicable disease state sales experience.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you gave a presentation? who was audience? what was result?
      -Why would you be a good candidate for this role?
      -Why do you want to leave current job?
      Answer Question

Senior QA Manager/Associate Director - Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was professional. Everyone was courteous and very nice during the panel interview. The hiring manager was very nice.

I applied online on January 19th. A phone screen was held February 15th. A panel interview in Wilmington was conducted March 16th. Finally, on April 27th, I called the hiring manager directly, and said the position is uncertain and hung up. The next day, I saw my status change online which said the position was closed.

I am disappointed that I was not chosen for the position. Hopefully something in the future will pop up.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (McAllen, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed online. Had a phone interview that was from a third party. We just went over my resume. After that I did a 200 question behavior survey. I guess I passed it because then I had a face to face interview with the district and executive sales managers. Interview lasted about and hour and a half. We went over my resume ask follow up questions and then went into a behavior question format. Then had to do a persuasive communication exercise. They told me they would make a decision in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma were there was no right or wrong choice to make. What actions did you take and how did you arrive at that decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

1st phone interview after online CV selection process - to begin with, there were several connection issues in the US-EU call (in entering the teleconference number given). The interviewer - a senior VP of the therapeutic area in question - had quite a bad English and was difficult to interact with. He barely asked questions, just wanted me to describe my career and achievements, but throughout the call he seemed quite uninterested (I had the feeling the vacancy was already taken and he was just there "killing time").

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toa Baja, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Toa Baja, PR) in August 2015.

Interview

30 minutes dedicated to know all about your proffesional background.
    A good way to start a screening process.
    Open Questions Model to make the candidate to talk about himself.
    They gave me an overall picture on what to expect and even gave me the opportunity to ask for more details about the position

Interview Questions

• If selected, what I was going to contribute most?   1 Answer