AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.1

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Brief phone interview with hiring manager followed by a half-day onsite interview where I met with around 10 different employees ranging from hiring managers to Scientists and had lunch. I was asked to give a detailed description of my current thesis work and a variety of typical interview questions, everyone was extremely friendly which made the process less nerve-racking. Would definitely recommend interview prep before hand as it is a long day.

LMS Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Phone interview then two weeks later face to face. All questions were based on core values and explain how you have experienced them. Not much time for candidate to ask questions. Very tight schedule.

Clinical Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY).

Interview

Normal interview for the industry. Was provided situational questions that required an explanation of the solution and reason behind choosing that particular solution. Wanted to know how those solution related to AZ core company values. Ensure you have your examples prepared in advance.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call after a month. Had onsite interview and met with 2 VPs and 4 Directors. Lasted for about 6 hours. Needs preparation before the interview. Think about situational examples

Interview Questions

• Questions were STAR format based focusing on Company core values   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Overall, smooth process. Phone Interview, 2 weeks later I heard back, then set up an individual interview. Heard back from individual interview regarding position in 2-3 weeks. The AZ recruiters were very helpful and available for questions/concerns. The difficulty of each interview was very similar to any other interview -- very predictable.

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Bloomington, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick, interviewed by recruiter. When asked if I had any further questions about the position, the recruiter couldn't answer any because he had never been in a sales position. Very odd

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to present a presentation, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Global Operation Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2017.

Interview

The process took long time. I submitted my application in Feb. I was phone-interviewed in early April, and Skype-interviewed in early May. No sure what is the next step, still waiting for the result. As a Chinese national, the position I applied was in China, but every interview was in English from End to End. So I would say that the interview was difficult, but the difficulty mainly came from the language.

Respiratory Specialty Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview which was a standard screening interview. Then one week later I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview. There was only one interview with the hiring district manager and another manager for assistance. I was asked 3-4 STAR type questions and had to present a ten-minute persuasive presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were faced with an ethical decision ... what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it? what did you do differently?what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to achieve a goal by being innovative, doing things differently or out of your comfort zone. What were the results? What did you learn from it? Did you apply it elsewhere?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process took 3+ weeks. At the last phase, 3 hours before the in-person interview, the hiring manager cancelled the appointment. I'm at a loss for words. No explanation has been given although the previous phone interview has been passed with positive feedback.

CRM Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter in late October 2016. Setup phone screen quickly. Set up in person interview for early November and completed employee profile assessment before my on-site interview. Drove from central New Jersey to Delaware for the interview and met with two people in a group interview setting. Questions were normal experience based questions - "Tell us about an experience where you ___."

Never heard back from them or the recruiter until I reached out this year and asked if there was any feedback. Was told there wasn't any feedback and they hired someone else. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you experienced when launching a new program and how you overcame it?   Answer Question