AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.1

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

set interview template, situational questions, tell me about a time when....all seemed centered around companies core values: Follow the Science, Do the right thing, We put patients first, People & Culture, and we play to win.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application. Then was contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was roughly thirty minutes and was conducted by a third party. Very friendly, just talked through my resume and asked why I left those roles. Then asked a few questions about expected salary, let me know about travel requirement and if I was comfortable with the amount. Also talked about training schedule and asked about applicable disease state sales experience.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you gave a presentation? who was audience? what was result?
      -Why would you be a good candidate for this role?
      -Why do you want to leave current job?
      Answer Question

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Phila, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very thorough process. Two part interview, drug testing, thorough background check, verification for diploma, degrees and certificates. Meet with the recruiter, the the representative from AstraZeneca. They were both nice but wasn't very informative with how things ran at the site. Two day orientation, at another location other then where you will be working.

Interview Questions

• Was my availability going to interfere with the job, because they needed consistency.   1 Answer

Facilities & Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Frederick, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about a month. I had a total of two phone interviews. The first interview was a conference call with two managers. They asked about my academic and professional experiences. Then about 2 weeks later, I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview format followed the same process. In about a week after the second phone interview, I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class and how do you think it'll help you with this internship?   Answer Question

Senior QA Manager/Associate Director - Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was professional. Everyone was courteous and very nice during the panel interview. The hiring manager was very nice.

I applied online on January 19th. A phone screen was held February 15th. A panel interview in Wilmington was conducted March 16th. Finally, on April 27th, I called the hiring manager directly, and said the position is uncertain and hung up. The next day, I saw my status change online which said the position was closed.

I am disappointed that I was not chosen for the position. Hopefully something in the future will pop up.

LIFT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2016.

Interview

Started in January, not too hard. First a phone screening (10 mins), then an in-person or skype interview with a multiperson pannel (30 mins) about 2 weeks later. Heard back in 2 weeks. Questions were average - make sure to look up company values/mission statement/etc and know about the pharma industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you brought people together inside and outside of the organisation to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Started with a phone screening. Questions were STAR format. Personality questionnaire followed by face to face interview with 2 DSM. Also did a ride along with a sales rep then had a meeting with one of the DM.

Interview Questions

• Star Method - need to answer questions in form of an experience you had.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Did a phone screening where they are just testing to see if you are personable. They will ask you STAR questions and will ask you to describe a time you did a presentation. Then did a personality questionnaire then proceeded to do a face to face interview with 2 DSM. After that I did a ride along with a sales rep then had a brief meeting with one of the DSM and just talked to her about how my day went. I was offered the position a couple days later. Make sure to do your research on the company!! I had no experience in the industry but because I was so prepared they were very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an ethical dilemma that you faced?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you set a goal and the steps you did to reach that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was new to the industry so I accepted the salary they offered me and I was more then pleased with the offer. Was more then I was anticipating.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chesterbrook, PA).

Interview

I came in as a consultant and was able to convert to a permanent employee so I didn't have a real interview. I'll review my initial interview was to come in as a consultant. We basically went over my resume and there weren't any difficult questions. She had already made up her mind about me before she even met me. I had a medical background and she was seeking someone to interact with the doctors in her division, so I was an ideal person in that regard.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particular questions, just a review of my resume and background.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (McAllen, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed online. Had a phone interview that was from a third party. We just went over my resume. After that I did a 200 question behavior survey. I guess I passed it because then I had a face to face interview with the district and executive sales managers. Interview lasted about and hour and a half. We went over my resume ask follow up questions and then went into a behavior question format. Then had to do a persuasive communication exercise. They told me they would make a decision in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma were there was no right or wrong choice to make. What actions did you take and how did you arrive at that decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question