AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

3.1

Respiratory Specialty Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview which was a standard screening interview. Then one week later I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview. There was only one interview with the hiring district manager and another manager for assistance. I was asked 3-4 STAR type questions and had to present a ten-minute persuasive presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were faced with an ethical decision ... what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it? what did you do differently?what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to achieve a goal by being innovative, doing things differently or out of your comfort zone. What were the results? What did you learn from it? Did you apply it elsewhere?   Answer Question

Internal Study Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

Organized and straight forward. They send a complete interview packet ahead of time detailing process. very structured formal interview start asking about your background, CV review and then ask situational questions using the ATOLA method.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process took 3+ weeks. At the last phase, 3 hours before the in-person interview, the hiring manager cancelled the appointment. I'm at a loss for words. No explanation has been given although the previous phone interview has been passed with positive feedback.

CRM Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter in late October 2016. Setup phone screen quickly. Set up in person interview for early November and completed employee profile assessment before my on-site interview. Drove from central New Jersey to Delaware for the interview and met with two people in a group interview setting. Questions were normal experience based questions - "Tell us about an experience where you ___."

Never heard back from them or the recruiter until I reached out this year and asked if there was any feedback. Was told there wasn't any feedback and they hired someone else. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you experienced when launching a new program and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an interviews with Medical manager and marketing head. They introduced themselves and asked me to tell them about my resume followed by several questions including ethical dilemma, previous success. I asked some question about advantages of the company. They explained more about their works and challenges.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with ethical dilemmas in your works?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and went through some odd steps before being invited for a face to face. They require you to do a mock sales presentation which was ridiculous. The interviewers were jerks and one made a comment about my physical appearance, I won't say what. He seemed utterly bored with the entire process. Makes me wonder why I wasted my time. The company also seems to engage in age discrimination based on the interview experience of someone else I know. If you're a middle aged female you're out of luck.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good and easy. Friendly people and no tricky questions. I was asked to describe my previous roles. Doing some background research on the company was beneficial. Overall the company seems nice but I decided to pursue another aspect

Infection Bioscience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process started with phone interviews with both the hiring manager (who later became my supervisor) and colleagues in both the UK and SWE who performed similar functions at those sites. The interview consisted of several 30 minute 1:1 meetings with senior bioscience members and group meetings with laboratory staff. The senior bioscientists followed the STAR interview method. A one-hour long presentation with Q&A was part of the day. It made for a long interview process, but I felt that I learned as much about them as they did about me.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want this position, and what made me the best candidate.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Asked to drive to another city for interviews. When I arrived I waited 30 - 40 minutes . No one came out to let me know they were running late. Finally someone came out to greet me. I was given little information on the interview or what to expect. It was mainly STAR questions. I was told by the hiring panel my background was too different and wouldn't understand pharma. Why did you invite me to interview if you believed that? I drove 2 -3 hours home. Sent over a thank you email. The one interviewer immediately replied wishing me best of luck in future endeavors. This sort of poor treatment of candidates reflects badly on their company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Behavioral interview style using the STAR format. Be prepared with projects you have worked on that could fit different behavioral questions. It will be a panel interview with 2-4 individuals asking you questions. Background on the position will be provided. Behavioral questions and format are not provided in advance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not perform at your best--what did you do and how did you correct the problem? Describe a time when you had an ethical dilemma. How did you handle the situation? etc.   Answer Question