AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions related to the STAR format. The interview took a long time. asked about 30 questions. One hour interview. The interviewer seemed very professional. He did asked a lot of questions related to selling situations. They all seemed pretty relevant to day to day selling experience.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

First reviewed resume, every job. Then SMART format questions. Typical questions: tell me about situation as such...what did you do and the results. Interviewed with the regional sales manager and area business director.

Interview Questions

• Describe difficult customer situation, how did you deal with it and the result.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview using Skype business. Very informal and mainly behavioral questions were asked. I was interviewed directly by my current manager now and one other person. It was a very casual, laid-back interview and was quite conversational. Was pleasantly surprised at the relaxed mood of the interview. Overall great experience with the interview and the company. Know your resume and come prepared with an elevator pitch about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about yourself (essentially describe your resume in more detail).
      Q: Why did you decide to apply to AstraZeneca?
      Q: What is one accomplishment you're proud of?
      Q: How do you deal with conflict in a team setting?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

set interview template, situational questions, tell me about a time when....all seemed centered around companies core values: Follow the Science, Do the right thing, We put patients first, People & Culture, and we play to win.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application. Then was contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was roughly thirty minutes and was conducted by a third party. Very friendly, just talked through my resume and asked why I left those roles. Then asked a few questions about expected salary, let me know about travel requirement and if I was comfortable with the amount. Also talked about training schedule and asked about applicable disease state sales experience.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you gave a presentation? who was audience? what was result?
      -Why would you be a good candidate for this role?
      -Why do you want to leave current job?   Answer Question

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Phila, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very thorough process. Two part interview, drug testing, thorough background check, verification for diploma, degrees and certificates. Meet with the recruiter, the the representative from AstraZeneca. They were both nice but wasn't very informative with how things ran at the site. Two day orientation, at another location other then where you will be working.

Interview Questions

• Was my availability going to interfere with the job, because they needed consistency.   1 Answer

Facilities & Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Frederick, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about a month. I had a total of two phone interviews. The first interview was a conference call with two managers. They asked about my academic and professional experiences. Then about 2 weeks later, I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview format followed the same process. In about a week after the second phone interview, I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class and how do you think it'll help you with this internship?   Answer Question

Senior QA Manager/Associate Director - Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was professional. Everyone was courteous and very nice during the panel interview. The hiring manager was very nice.

I applied online on January 19th. A phone screen was held February 15th. A panel interview in Wilmington was conducted March 16th. Finally, on April 27th, I called the hiring manager directly, and said the position is uncertain and hung up. The next day, I saw my status change online which said the position was closed.

I am disappointed that I was not chosen for the position. Hopefully something in the future will pop up.

LIFT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2016.

Interview

Started in January, not too hard. First a phone screening (10 mins), then an in-person or skype interview with a multiperson pannel (30 mins) about 2 weeks later. Heard back in 2 weeks. Questions were average - make sure to look up company values/mission statement/etc and know about the pharma industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you brought people together inside and outside of the organisation to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Did a phone screening where they are just testing to see if you are personable. They will ask you STAR questions and will ask you to describe a time you did a presentation. Then did a personality questionnaire then proceeded to do a face to face interview with 2 DSM. After that I did a ride along with a sales rep then had a brief meeting with one of the DSM and just talked to her about how my day went. I was offered the position a couple days later. Make sure to do your research on the company!! I had no experience in the industry but because I was so prepared they were very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an ethical dilemma that you faced?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you set a goal and the steps you did to reach that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was new to the industry so I accepted the salary they offered me and I was more then pleased with the offer. Was more then I was anticipating.