AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Interviews at AstraZeneca

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

They utilize the classic pharma interview implementing the 5 star method. I believe there is a book out there called acing the pharmaceutical interview. I personally did not read this book but have been told by colleagues that if you get that book and utilize it you will do great in an interview for almost any pharma company interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Did a phone screening where they are just testing to see if you are personable. They will ask you STAR questions and will ask you to describe a time you did a presentation. Then did a personality questionnaire then proceeded to do a face to face interview with 2 DSM. After that I did a ride along with a sales rep then had a brief meeting with one of the DSM and just talked to her about how my day went. I was offered the position a couple days later. Make sure to do your research on the company!! I had no experience in the industry but because I was so prepared they were very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an ethical dilemma that you faced?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you set a goal and the steps you did to reach that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was new to the industry so I accepted the salary they offered me and I was more then pleased with the offer. Was more then I was anticipating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (McAllen, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed online. Had a phone interview that was from a third party. We just went over my resume. After that I did a 200 question behavior survey. I guess I passed it because then I had a face to face interview with the district and executive sales managers. Interview lasted about and hour and a half. We went over my resume ask follow up questions and then went into a behavior question format. Then had to do a persuasive communication exercise. They told me they would make a decision in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma were there was no right or wrong choice to make. What actions did you take and how did you arrive at that decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then had to do a personality questionnaire. I then had two face-to-face interviews with multiple managers. I was asked to give a 10 minute presentation in one of them and then to sell a competitive product in the other interview. Definitely do your homework in researching the company and its core values. This is the hardest interview process I have ever gone through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your ethics were called into question.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a team setting and someone wasn't very motivated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Jackson, MS) in February 2012.

Interview

I had and internal recommendation..my resume was emailed to the hiring managers and I also did the process on line. 2 hour interview with 2 managers, Was offered the position subject to background screening ect,

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Tell me about yourself...assume they have not read your resume...all the resume's run together when they are conducting interviews.. Be concise, brief and have confidence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

offered a salary, no room for negotiation.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application. Then was contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was roughly thirty minutes and was conducted by a third party. Very friendly, just talked through my resume and asked why I left those roles. Then asked a few questions about expected salary, let me know about travel requirement and if I was comfortable with the amount. Also talked about training schedule and asked about applicable disease state sales experience.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you gave a presentation? who was audience? what was result?
      -Why would you be a good candidate for this role?
      -Why do you want to leave current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview: basic backgound informations: education, work history.

Interview Questions

• Give en example of a time you had to persuasive someone to do something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

interview consists of a phone interview, 200+ questionnaire, interview with the DSM and RSM, a ride a long, and an exit interview. the entire process takes a little bit over a month.

Interview Questions

• name a time that you had a to give a presentation and answer in STAR format   Answer Question
    • Name an ethical dilemma that you ran into and how did you approach it? answer in STAR format   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I have done the phone interview and the first face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Described a time where in a difficult circumstances you had to build a rapport with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you set a goal for yourself and what did you do to accomplish?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had a phone interview and face to face. Waiting to hear back. So far the process has taken about 2 months

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult task you had to overcome and what steps did you take to rectify it?   Answer Question