AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for around 40 minutes included going through my educational background and credentials, as well as my work throughout my Ph.D. I described what we do in our lab and described how my experience would fit the position and would help gain further insight into the pharmaceutical industry world. I also got some technical questions with regard to modeling and simulation, statistics and software use.

Interview Questions

• Education background, work experience, exposure to industry-like work, some technical questions   Answer Question

Senior Manager Brand Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email from the hiring manager's admin to schedule time for me to meet and interview with the hiring manager and also that manager's boss, the head of the department. On the day of the interview, I only got to interview one of these people, however. Something "came up" with the hiring manager. And they never explained what happened and never contacted me since. I felt dissatisfied because the interview I did have was overly focused on odd behavioral questions which could have been covered in a screening phone call (which wasn't done) and not at all focused on the job itself. I had hoped that two face to face interviews with the managers would involve more discussion of the actual work and their objectives. Maybe they already had someone in mind or knew I wasn't right for the job. I was thoroughly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your career path and highlight your biggest professional accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced at work where there was no clear right or wrong answer, and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you had to make a last minute change in plans with a project and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Straight forward. Online application. Phone screen asking basics. Second was the personality profile. Finally, a face to face with two DMs. I'm told some people had two face to face interviews. After that a ride along and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of an ethical dilemma you have faced at work?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to schedule a telephone interview about a week later. The telephone interview lasted 17 minutes to be exact and was nothing more than a brief overview of my background and accomplishments. I was told to look for a 200 question personality assessment in the next day or so and if you pass the assessment you will be emailed a more detailed application to fill out. I made it through the entire process and wasn't even given an opportunity to interview with them face to face which was disappointing but this is how companies operate these days.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to do a presentation.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Interview

Initial interview was a phone-based interview. I explained my current role at the time and how it would fit into the posted job's roles and responsibilities. Call helped me to understand potential hiring manager's style and thoughts.

In-person Interview, onsite, was with a range of staff, at all levels of career development. They asked some questions about my experiences and these were also behavior-based. I was invited to dinner on the night before my interview. On-site interview also involved a scientific (powerpoint) presentation.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application and then had an interview with three people on the team. It was 95% behavioral questions and then they declined to extend an offer while citing technical skill requirements.

Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Montgomery, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview then online question followed by F2F by hiring manager. The phone interview was more or an information gathering that is passed on to the hiring manager. The psych online eval is very tough and pretty much decides if they have you continue in the interview process. Did not like the psych eval because it is not very good in indicating if you will be a good employee or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did a presentation and how did it go.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The first stages went relatively quick. The process proceeded just as every other review explains; phone interview, online assessment, etc. I was asked to schedule a face to face interview about a month or more after the phone interview. It was to take place in Utica, NY, but the assigned territory was Saratoga Springs, NY. They asked for candidates to prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation and to learn and utilize the STAR format. I was given a week to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview was postponed due to a snowstorm and I was assured that it would be rescheduled by a HR rep (I believe a third party). I contacted them the next week after I hadn't heard back. I was told it would be rescheduled after the new year. (it was mid December). The first week of the new year I was expecting an email to schedule an interview, but instead received a no-reply email saying the position had been filled. I contacted the the woman who had cancelled my interview and she informed me it was an internal candidate.

I fully understand when I don't hear back from a prospective employer after application or even an interview. I understand they wait until the end of the process to inform candidates. What I found immensely unprofessional is to be called for an interview and asked to prepare a topic for presentation and left wondering for a full month. Candidates should have been notified that the interviews would not be held. I have better things to do with my time than prepare for a non-existent interview. The entire process took almost three and a half months. I accepted another offer while waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation on a topic of your choice.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me regarding a contract opportunity at AZ. First a phone interview, then came in for a face to face. Was given the job the next day and had to quickly get drug testing done which took a few days. It was pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just asked about my experience as it related to the posting.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

2 interviews. 1st was a phone interview discussing resume, then a behavioral based test via the Internet, then I was suggested to apply for the position, then my resume went to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• In 2013 when you gave a presentation, tell me who was the audience, what was the presentation about, and what was the result of that presentation?   Answer Question
    • This is a situational based question.   Answer Question