AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.1

Interview

PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Questions

• Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Fresno, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
      2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
      Answer Question

Interview

a difficult process

Interview Questions

• name the most strategic thing you did in the past two months   2 Answers

IS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was a 30-minute phone call from two interviewers and consisted of standard-fare behavioral questions.
    The second round was 2 months later at an office visit in Wilmington and was about 1.5 hours of behavioral questions with 3 interviewers at once. This was tedious. STAR-format questions can leave you dry if you don't like to completely fabricate your life story.
    The whole process was so slow.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your expected salary?
      2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
      3. Questions about my resume and driving history.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied to a position through Kelly Services, and received an email from AZ asking to set up a phone interview within a week. I had a conference phone interview with multiple employees, and they asked availability for an on-site interview at the end of the phone interview. They emailed me the on-site interview information in a timely manner, and I had a panel interview two months after my phone interview. All their questions (phone and on-site) were asked directly from a pre-determined list, and they spent much of the interview writing down my responses.

Interview Questions

• All were STAR questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Great initial telephone screen by a third party that works closely with AZ. Questions asked included: salary requirements, professional background summary, current location, driving record.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

two phone interview, went pretty well, first one took an hour very good discussion with the hiring manager about what the work is about and my experience and project that i have done

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected just what i have done and question about the CV   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

very professional and a quick process

Interview Questions

requirements and salary were not compatable

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took place on a conference line with a panel of 3 interviewers. After the phone interview stage, I was asked to come to an on-sight to their Wilmington, Delaware office. The same 3 people interviewed me in person and asked very similar questions.