AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Macclesfield, England | Glassdoor

AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Macclesfield, England

3.1

Regulatory CMC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screen 2 weeks later, the interviewer was friendly and professional and mainly asked about my experience related to the role and she also made sure I know which location the job is. 3 weeks after that I attended an assessment day on site which consisted of a presentation by AZ about their work, paperwork based individual task, technical and values interview and a brief presentation. All the people involved in the process were nice, including the other 3 candidates I met there. I was informed on the outcome 2 weeks later.
    Overall I am happy about the application experience with AZ. All the staff involved in recruitment were professional and made me feel comfortable. The responses were prompt (at any step I did not wait for more than 2 weeks). I have always been warned well in advance about what is going on next (even about phone calls). I appreciated the amount of detailed information I have been provided.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: Mainly related to my previous experience - What did you do?
      Actual interview: Technical questions on my understanding of terms. Questions on company values - Tell me about a situation when...? - which would be answered using the ATOLA model. Help for preparation for the values interview was provided in the interview package.
      Answer Question

Sandwich Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

2 phases process:
    1) Interview- 2 interviewers, some competency based question and quite a few technical questions.
    2) Team building exercise

All expenses are covered, from travelling to Macclesfield to accommodation. You get to visit laboratory equipments in industrial scale. It was definitely a good experience!

Synthetic Organic Chemistry Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Day plan:
    Introductory Talk explaining the placement
    Tour of laboratories and Site
    Lunch
    Group Activity - asked to make a list of top 10 most influential people in the last 200 years (groups of 4)
    Technical Interview - standard synthesis and characterization questions done individually. Lots of aromatics. Also had general questions asked. Done individually..

Interview Questions

• Effect of different groups on aromatics in directing substituents to ortho, meta and para positions.   Answer Question

Organic Chemistry(Process) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Staff were very relaxed. All questions were technical and some CV discussion. Revise year 1 organic chemistry beforehand. A tour of the labs and lunch was also part of the day. Group activity involved building a marshmallow tower with the aid of spaghetti as a group or 4

Analytical Sandwich Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

1 hour long group exercise, discussing a topic which varies! 1 hour long technical interview, including organic and analytical chemistry. Rest of the day spent on a tour of the site and lunch.

Interview Questions

• what techniques would you use to identify an unknown sample?   Answer Question

IMED Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)).

Interview

Very friendly environment and questions weren't too difficult due to STAR format. However technical interview was difficult, see below. Also there was a group task which involved making a paper model and there was very limited time to do this and required good judgment so as not to be overbearing and pushy on others. Get the technical interview right and you'll sail straight through.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview, lots of graphs and interpreting of information about enzymes. Cant revise for this, you need to know in depth knowledge of enzyme kinetics   Answer Question

Industrial Placement - Organic Synthesis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

The assessment centre ran from roughly 10am - 4pm (around 30 people present). Initially we had a presentation from management explaining the day and giving some detail on the job. Then there were group tasks (building a tower out of spaghetti and marshmallows) and individual technical interviews. After lunch they arranged tours of the site with current placement students.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an organic reaction which you have carried out at University? (Follow up questions on selectivity, kinetics etc).   Answer Question

Placement Student Interview

Application

Interview

1 interview + CV screening. There was a 1 hour lunch, a lab tour and then the 1 on 1 interview. Simple process, mostly just scientific questions but also a small amount of competency based questions. They said they were mainly looking for someone who would 1) be enjoyable to be around and 2) was ready to learn.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

S1: Application form (general behavioural-type questions + general questions from the field)
    S2: Assessment Centre (two interviews, group exercises, behavioural and technical questions).
    Tour of the site, lunch and meeting with the current students.
    Received an offer.
    S3: Familiarisation day (got to know my project and supervisor)
    Background checks from the recruitment company.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Main questions based on situational experience i.e. 'STAR' type questions. Followed by technical questions based on role requirements.
    HR went through CV and asked for further details. Finished with general HR type questions such as what are your strengths, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. What sort of numeration would i be looking for?

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? How do you deal with conflict? What's more important: quality or quantity? How well can you multi-task? Have you managed any projects or mentored / trained people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable. They had a flexible upper limit dependent on experience.