AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then had to do a personality questionnaire. I then had two face-to-face interviews with multiple managers. I was asked to give a 10 minute presentation in one of them and then to sell a competitive product in the other interview. Definitely do your homework in researching the company and its core values. This is the hardest interview process I have ever gone through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your ethics were called into question.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to work in a team setting and someone wasn't very motivated.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

it was lengthy. took 4 months of phone and face to face interviews. the folks at the interview are willing to help you along the way understanding that you are nervouss

Interview Questions

• always using the star format and having a brag book to show accomplishments   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (McAllen, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed online. Had a phone interview that was from a third party. We just went over my resume. After that I did a 200 question behavior survey. I guess I passed it because then I had a face to face interview with the district and executive sales managers. Interview lasted about and hour and a half. We went over my resume ask follow up questions and then went into a behavior question format. Then had to do a persuasive communication exercise. They told me they would make a decision in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma were there was no right or wrong choice to make. What actions did you take and how did you arrive at that decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

The same day I applied I received a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I was immediately sent 2 personality tests. After the personality tests, I was sent an email with a Hiring Application. 2 days later (on a Friday) I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview on the following Monday. Interview consisted of STAR format questions and had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive discussion.

Waiting to hear back from hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Ethical dilemma, situation in which I had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was contacted by hiring manager for a phone screening; He called back 3 days later for an interview; 1week contact for 2nd phase interview and ride along; job offer and salary negotiation; drug screening; offer packet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved matters.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary upwards by $5000. Negotiate you skills to the fullest benefit of the position.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Interview

Online application, then got an email for a 20 minute phone interview with a third party. Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group. Then got an email with 2 links to fill out 200+ question personality tests. Passed these and was asked to fill out an official online application.

Received an email to set up a face to face interview for the next week. Met with two managers for an hour interview. Was asked 4 behavior - STAR questions. Great interview, but they called to say they wanted someone with experience specific to the industry.

Interview Questions

• Ethical dilemma, conflict with someone, and a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your expected salary?
      2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
      3. Questions about my resume and driving history.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online to AZ through monster.com. Sent resume and answered their basic questions. Received a phone call two weeks later to set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview consisted of basic HR questions and a few STAR situational/behavioral questions. After phone screening there were two Hogan personality tests (each around 100 questions) and an AZ specific situational survey (this was referenced in F2F interview so remember your answers!)

F2F interview was offered two weeks after phone screening and schedule for two weeks after that. Met with two DSM's. Basic STAR questions. Also had to give a 10 min prepared persuasive argument. This interview was extremely fun and cheerful.

Received call for second F2F interview two weeks after first. Was scheduled with DSM and RSM in a coffee shop. Expected it to be laid back, but was a very difficult grill session.

Received call that a ride along would be schedule two days after interview. That ride along is with a sales rep next week. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. Why should AZ hire someone without sales experience?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beirut (Lebanon)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Beirut (Lebanon)).

Interview

3 interviews, sales manager, country manager, area manager
    presentation on the selected line
    test in selling skills
    personality tests

Interview Questions

• a lot of business cases and fictive scenarios to analyze the decision making logic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was solid predetermined salary package.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Phone interview to make sure you can effectively communicate. Then a personality test. Then your in person interview. During this first interview they will ask you 4 questions, and really focus on the follow up questions to them. The second interview will be almost the exact same, but with a higher manager involved.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to influence someone on your team to do something they did not want to do at all.   Answer Question