AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

The first part was an initial interview with a recruiter over the phone. Usually lasts nearly 30 minutes. Afterwards got an email for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Still waiting for a call back after the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a presentation?
    Why do you want to work in this industry?
    Greatest strengths?
    Greatest weaknesses?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Brownsville, TX).

Interview

Neat and organized interview process. Had my first phone interview which I passed. My next interview is a one on one interview with the DM. Hope all goes well.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Questions

• Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Questions

• All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

phone interview with third party recruiter, then sent link for assessment, application. then first face to face so far. 2 district sales managers at interview, make sure you bring your resume (multiple copies) sound like most of the procedure will continue through third party recruiter

Interview Questions

• rest assured they will probably ask you about ethical dilemma, other questions straight forward, new idea, problem, changed somebody's mind, difficult doctor. Do not expound on answer, just strictly star format, very little opportunity to sell yourself   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The first stages went relatively quick. The process proceeded just as every other review explains; phone interview, online assessment, etc. I was asked to schedule a face to face interview about a month or more after the phone interview. It was to take place in Utica, NY, but the assigned territory was Saratoga Springs, NY. They asked for candidates to prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation and to learn and utilize the STAR format. I was given a week to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview was postponed due to a snowstorm and I was assured that it would be rescheduled by a HR rep (I believe a third party). I contacted them the next week after I hadn't heard back. I was told it would be rescheduled after the new year. (it was mid December). The first week of the new year I was expecting an email to schedule an interview, but instead received a no-reply email saying the position had been filled. I contacted the the woman who had cancelled my interview and she informed me it was an internal candidate.

I fully understand when I don't hear back from a prospective employer after application or even an interview. I understand they wait until the end of the process to inform candidates. What I found immensely unprofessional is to be called for an interview and asked to prepare a topic for presentation and left wondering for a full month. Candidates should have been notified that the interviews would not be held. I have better things to do with my time than prepare for a non-existent interview. The entire process took almost three and a half months. I accepted another offer while waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation on a topic of your choice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Referred by a friend. Interview process was conducted all in one day. 3 separate interviews with an offer that evening.

Interview Questions

• I must admit I do not remember as it was so long ago. I guess there weren't any extremely difficult questions since I do not recall anything negative.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Made a generous offer and accepted. No real negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

After I filled out the application I received an email two weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter called and we spoke for about 20 minutes. We went over my résumé, education, current and previous job responsibilities. She asked about my driving record and if I had any moving violations in the last 5 years. She wanted to know my current salary and what my salary expectations were. She went over the training process and what the next steps were and at the end gave me time to ask any other questions. After that I records an email to take two assessments. If I'm chosen to move forward they'll schedule a face to face interview with the manager and go from there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're the best person for this position?   Answer Question
    • STAR question: share a recent work experience where you had to give a presentation.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in August 2010.

Interview

3rd party recruiter called me, and did an initial interview, part of the screening process. everything is streamlined, and you can update/and check your status right online. then you wait till a hiring manager will call for a f2f interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to resolve a problem for an upset client, what did you do?   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2010.

Interview

I had a phone screen and was scheduled for a face to face interview with 2 hiring managers within 2 weeks of the phone screen. The hiring manager stated the company was looking to fill the position within a 4 week time period, but after 2 failed attempts to check on my status, I never got word if I was moving forward a month after the interview. Finally, I did receive an email at the end of March stating I was not selected to move forward. However, around mid-April I received a phone call from the hiring manager to come back for a second interview. The second interview last about 30 minutes and again I was told I would be contacted in the next few weeks, to which I never was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with colleague? What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question