AstraZeneca Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AstraZeneca Research Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at AstraZeneca

3.4

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chennai (India)) in February 2019.

Interview

Research scientists was the profile where u need to work directly with the research and development team.. The interview was good, very reasonably asked and no nonsense questions. I was able to answer the questions asked about research and my contribution in cancer drugs in the recent past.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewers raise questions in a very professional and polite way. However, their requirements are also very high. It's reasonable considering the fast-pace, risky development process and delivery pressure they have from high-rank managers. Anyway, I feel blessed not to working in such a stressful environment.

Interview Questions

• Risky decision you have made...?   2 Answers

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Sent my CV through following a job posting, was invited for an interview a month or two later. During the interview I was asked to give a short presentation. I then had a competency based panel interview, a values based panel interview, and a short tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had your confidence knocked back, and how you worked to overcome this.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

HR called, then hiring manager called, and they set up a on site interview. I was interviewed by the senior director, and four senior scientist, and a group of research associate. I also gave a presentation about my research.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

30 minute HR phone call confirming CV qualifications, salary expectations, "what does integrity mean to you?" 1 - 2 weeks later - invited for second phone call with hiring manager: informal chat, wanted to confirm my expectations of the role. Invited to on-site interview 2 weeks later. Pending.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in September 2018.

Interview

I made the presentation dedicated to my project with the focus on using MS upon drug development. It seems to me they didn't know what exactly they want since the position was NMR or MS scientist.

Interview Questions

• They asked some questions concerning my presentation   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Had a pre-screen telephone interview with HR a few months after application online. was invited to on site interview one week later. On site interview consisted of 1hr with the hiring manager and another group member and was fairly casual, mainly questions about how i deal with different situations in and outside the lab. Following that, I had a lab assessment where i was asked to do some calculations and make up some buffer solutions etc.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Main questions based on situational experience i.e. 'STAR' type questions. Followed by technical questions based on role requirements.
    HR went through CV and asked for further details. Finished with general HR type questions such as what are your strengths, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. What sort of numeration would i be looking for?

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? How do you deal with conflict? What's more important: quality or quantity? How well can you multi-task? Have you managed any projects or mentored / trained people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable. They had a flexible upper limit dependent on experience.