AstraZeneca Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

3.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Brief phone interview with hiring manager followed by a half-day onsite interview where I met with around 10 different employees ranging from hiring managers to Scientists and had lunch. I was asked to give a detailed description of my current thesis work and a variety of typical interview questions, everyone was extremely friendly which made the process less nerve-racking. Would definitely recommend interview prep before hand as it is a long day.

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Scientist Interview

Interview

Initial interview was a phone-based interview. I explained my current role at the time and how it would fit into the posted job's roles and responsibilities. Call helped me to understand potential hiring manager's style and thoughts.

In-person Interview, onsite, was with a range of staff, at all levels of career development. They asked some questions about my experiences and these were also behavior-based. I was invited to dinner on the night before my interview. On-site interview also involved a scientific (powerpoint) presentation.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview

I applied to the Scientist- DMPK position on the AstraZeneca Careers website. I was contacted by the hiring manager via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the questions were mostly geared toward my experiences as well as a discussion of the position. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I was contacted again about a week later to set up the interview. The interview was about 6 hours long and consisted of lunch and a presentation given by me on my research (non-proprietary information only) - I was asked to prepare a brief 10-15 presentation during my phone interview. I had been interviewing for two other positions and informed the hiring manager of the situation. I ended up receiving offers from the other two positions and informed the hiring manager immediately. I received an offer for the position at AstraZeneca the Tuesday following my interview (which was a Wednesday).

Interview Questions

• Paraphrased- Was there ever a situation where you encountered a colleague that was doing something that potentially impacted the outcome of results. How did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

2 interviews. 1 technical and 1 competency based. The people are very helpful and professional all around. Each interview was for one hour. Scientists know their stuff and hence you need to prepare properly for technical interview. With regard to competency you need to give answers in STAR format.
    Then there was a lab tour and meeting with some colleagues. Overall the entire process was very friendly and clear. I heard back in a week time mainly because I applied through a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions mainly around my CV. Also competency questions: what do you know about AZ, how do you work in a team and in different cultures, time management, why you?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Loughborough, England (UK)) in July 2010.

Interview

Generally a 2 stage interview. For this type of position the interview will be largely technically based. If the job states experience you will need to fully technically conversant in relation to the job you are applying for. Usually one team leader will interview for around an hour. They will show you round. Good to ask questions (intelligent ones). Friendly but professional approach. Usually AZ people are very personable but very capable. Depends on site but it could be like 'ikea' with nice grounds and all the mod cons. Good feel.
    Second interview will be more of a grilling. Probably 3 separate interviews, mainly technical. They will give you scenarios - so be clued up on the company and what they specifically do at that site in that job role. Also a presentation will be required to a reasonable number of people. They will have specified what it's on (or choice) beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to develop an analytical method for a drug compound with 3 different pKa's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered a generous package, 60% more than my previous job so it was a no brainer.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2010.

Interview

It is fairly quick and pleasant.