AstraZeneca Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

3.3

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Summer Intenship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Had an approx. 1h face-to-face interview, which was split into two parts of competency and technical questions. Both parts were alright, the competency questions were quite general, while technical were more specific to pharma but doable with a basic ProcEng knowledge. As it was a part of assessment centre, the interviews were followed by Q&As with current employees and graduates, included an exciting and extensive site tour.

Very short application process, just an application form with several competency Qs with 100-word limit, got invited to assessment centre straight after, no tests or interviews in between.

Interview Questions

• Describe how would you perform mass and energy balance on a tablet coating unit.   Answer Question

Analytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

3 separate and distinct interviews;
    1 Values Interview (behavioural), approximately 1 hour 15 mins. Questions around the 5 core company values.
    1 Technical Interview, approximately 1 hour. Questions around the core analytical techniques required by the role.
    1 Presentation, approximately 15 mins presentation with 15 mins of questions followed by 15 minutes of background questions concerning the individual role.

Interview Questions

• Assign peaks in an 1H-NMR spectra to the protons in a small molecule pharmaceutical. This formed a large part of the technical interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good starting salary, no negotiation necessary. Open to flexibility on start date. HR checks take approximately 4 - 5 weeks.

Global Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The actual interview itself was pretty standard for the industry and I'd say neither too demanding nor too easy. It consisted of an experience and situation based interview with two people, followed by a presentation to two different people. There were two other candidates also present but other than ab early introduction session, there was no overlap.

The rest of the process however was clumsy to say the least. My application was sent via an internal referral but for a period of 7-8 weeks, I didn't hear anything, not even an automated acknowledgement.

I then received an invitation to interview via email, but three days later I also received an invite to a phone screening, which it turns out was sent in error.

About three weeks after the interview, I received a generic email confirming that I wasn't successful. This email suggested I reach out to a contact for any further feedback, but it turns out the email for that contact was incorrect. Despite obtaining their correct email later and following up, I am yet to hear anything back.

Anyhow, in all its a good place to work (from my internal contact), so don't let the clumsy interview process put you off.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews.
    1st with HR for 15 minutes on telephone.
    2nd with team on Skype call, for 30 mins.
    3rd on site interview with team and hiring manager for 3 hour.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations by HR.   Answer Question
    • Questions around technical skills mentioned in the resume.   Answer Question
    • Job expectations and 3 technical questions with situations framed. Plus behavioural questions for the attitude to work under team and passion for science.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applications made via the local Hays Office, and then an interview with the recruiting manager who also happened to be the recruitment manager.
    Engaging interview and I really liked the interviewer and her interview style.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months for pre-selection to phone interview. I got an email for to fix the phone interview in the next week after I got an email. The interview took around 20 minutes to complete

Interview Questions

• Integrity
      Visa status
      Salary expectation
      Educational background
      Why should I hire you
      Conflict at the work   Answer Question

IMED Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was an assessment day from 8:30 until 3:30 in Cambridge. The day consisted of 4 different interviews including a group activity session, technical interview, behavioral based interview and a presentation. The behavioral/values interview we were given information about in preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview was quite difficult as we weren't able to prepare   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter call --( wait 1 week )--> Phone Interview --( wait 2 weeks )--> On-site interview --( wait 1 week )--> Offer

It's a pretty standard procedure as outlined in other interviews here. Everyone was very helpful and friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• The other comments flesh-out the interview quite well, often it's up to you to both discuss and comment your past experiences.   1 Answer

Country Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Loose conversations not much structure. Changes in personnel left the decision maker unclear. Otherwise a standard cv and success conversation with some discussion on what you could bring to the role. Seemed more focused on fit than true competency or capability interview.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Half day walk round, followed by two interviews on a different day.
    1st interview about core values and your CV. I found this OK and standard stuff.
    2nd interview is technical but found the interviewer very aggressive, abrupt and didn't seem confident in his role. Questions where incredibly basic and was left confused as mainly based around AstraZeneca processes which you won't know unless your internal employee.