AstraZeneca Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

3.4

Analytics Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied direct. Called to interview about a week later. Interviewed by recruiting manager.

Interviewer was interviewing in a second language. Language skills were ok but we talked at cross purposes occasionally. idiom and colloquialism not understood, made for a stilted communication.

Got the impression interviewer wasn't very experienced at interviewing.

Interview was the 'you talk' style even after being heavily warned by HR that it would be competency based. I hadn't fully expected it to be a competency based interview at this level but HR had been so vociferous i had prepared for that and was expecting it, i had to change gear quickly which was awkward.

Interview Questions

• questions limited onus was on me to fill the time. Some basic questions were...

'tell me about yourself'
      was asked what were my list of questions were right at the top of the interview and had to wait while theses questions were awkwardly written out on an ipad.
      'what achievement most proud of'
      1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

1st: Normal HR Interview (Typical Interview Questions) (30 min)
    2nd: Some Technical Questions (about Energy and Power) (expain drawings) (30 min)
    3rd: Lab tour (1 hour tour, learning about the manufacturing lines)

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was given a telephone interview with the department head in April 2016. Although I was feeling very nervous I feel that this went really well. The hiring manager was very polite and interested in what I had to say on the phone. However I never heard from them again, even after repeated phone calls and emails to inquire how the process was going. I understand they must interview a lot of people, but just a simple email to say I my application will not be going any further would have not gone amiss.

Regulatory CMC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screen 2 weeks later, the interviewer was friendly and professional and mainly asked about my experience related to the role and she also made sure I know which location the job is. 3 weeks after that I attended an assessment day on site which consisted of a presentation by AZ about their work, paperwork based individual task, technical and values interview and a brief presentation. All the people involved in the process were nice, including the other 3 candidates I met there. I was informed on the outcome 2 weeks later.
    Overall I am happy about the application experience with AZ. All the staff involved in recruitment were professional and made me feel comfortable. The responses were prompt (at any step I did not wait for more than 2 weeks). I have always been warned well in advance about what is going on next (even about phone calls). I appreciated the amount of detailed information I have been provided.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: Mainly related to my previous experience - What did you do?
      Actual interview: Technical questions on my understanding of terms. Questions on company values - Tell me about a situation when...? - which would be answered using the ATOLA model. Help for preparation for the values interview was provided in the interview package.

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

The first step is the phone interview where it will be asked you few questions.about the role and STAR. It is not that difficult and the recruiter over the phone was really calm and professional

Interview Questions

• 1) why do you want to apply for the company?
      2) why this role?
      3) why do you want to change your current role?
      4) tell me an uncertain situation and how you dealt with

Sandwich Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

2 phases process:
    1) Interview- 2 interviewers, some competency based question and quite a few technical questions.
    2) Team building exercise

All expenses are covered, from travelling to Macclesfield to accommodation. You get to visit laboratory equipments in industrial scale. It was definitely a good experience!

Regulatory CMC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alderley Park, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Alderley Park, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and had a telephone interview about a week after the closing date. Heard back a couple of days later and was invited over to alderley park to interview. Interview was 2 hours split into 2 1-hour sessions. First session was usual competency questions (STAR) with 2 interviewers followed by a technical session with 2 different interviewers. Received an offer a week later. Very rewarding process, I declined the offer for personal reasons but it looked like a fantastic place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the term 'compliance'?

How would your friends describe you?

General STAR questions about team work, challenges etc.

Experienced Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I received a 30min telephone interview within a week after the first reply of my application. I went to a full-day on-site interview 5 weeks after the telephone interview, and received a response (negative) a month after the on-site interview.
    The instructions before the interview day were very clear and complete. Arriving, I was welcomed with a printed schedule of my day and a short introduction of the day's happenings. I was very well taken care of throughout, and shuttled between 10 different potential future colleagues to interview me (about 30 min each) - some of which over the phone. They often gave me similar questions. Everyone was genuinely nice and polite to talk to, and showed concern to make my day a good experience. They also gave me a behavioural interview, and the day ended with me giving a 45 minute presentation of my own research in front of ~8 employees just before a short 1-on-1 rounding off of the day.
    The offer was given to someone else, with a different set of skills. The response was given to me over the phone, along with positive feedback regarding my interview day and greetings from the people I had met. I was encouraged to apply to upcoming vacancies of more senior positions at the site.

Interview Questions

• In using liaison scientists for advice, how do you see your interactions with these over a longer period of time?   1 Answer

Synthetic Organic Chemistry Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Day plan:
    Introductory Talk explaining the placement
    Tour of laboratories and Site
    Lunch
    Group Activity - asked to make a list of top 10 most influential people in the last 200 years (groups of 4)
    Technical Interview - standard synthesis and characterization questions done individually. Lots of aromatics. Also had general questions asked. Done individually..

Interview Questions

• Effect of different groups on aromatics in directing substituents to ortho, meta and para positions.   Answer Question

Organic Chemistry(Process) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Staff were very relaxed. All questions were technical and some CV discussion. Revise year 1 organic chemistry beforehand. A tour of the labs and lunch was also part of the day. Group activity involved building a marshmallow tower with the aid of spaghetti as a group or 4