Astreya Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Astreya Partners (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very efficient and straight to the point, interviewer knew what what was expected from the applicant. No nonsense approach. the interview covered all bases of responsibilities as well as work schedule. groups that i would be working with along with information for each section.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Astreya Partners.

Interview

The overall experience was pretty brief and was satisfactory. Everything was laid out clearly, such as the job requirement and the pay and benefits that would be part of the position. I don't think I was confused by anything and everything about the process was pretty straightforward.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Astreya Partners (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

good fast and to the point. Did take some time to get across the line but understandable why that was. Jeff and the whole crew were very easy to get along with and discuss what they are after. Great team to get feedback from

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Astreya Partners (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by an HR person for an EMT position on the referral of a friend. She set up a video interview (Google Chat) with one of the tech managers in the selected location for the following week. HR woman informed me that she would keep me updated on the result of the interview after the fact, to let me know why I wasn't selected, what I may have done wrong, or what needs to be changed, if in fact I am not selected for the position.

I sent a thank you note as well as some follow up questions about the company to the hiring manager as well the HR person. Numerous emails, and I never heard anything back from either one.

I guess these people don't answer emails? No professional courtesy whatsoever. Just leave your potential candidate hanging on a string, not knowing what is going on.

What a waste of time.

Am I overqualified? Did I answer something wrong?

How about doing your job that you are paid to do?

Interview Questions

• How would you diffuse a situation with an irate client?   1 Answer

Astreya Partners Response

Oct 10, 2016 – VP Global Recruiting

Thank you for your review. It's difficult to comment on an interview that happened a year ago. However, we always seek to communicate with our candidates, successful or not. It sounds like this... More

Data Center Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Astreya Partners (Campbell, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview first, with a promise to get back to me on a followup interview. They never got back to me one way or another. The interviewer only read from a script and had no interactive questions. The interviewer had no technical skilss.

EMT Interview

Interview

Basic questions. getting to know each other. not too bad.
    typical questions in interviews. had a few laughs. think outside the box questions.
    what do you like to do?
    talk about experience?
    why should i hire you?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure?
      Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

AV Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Astreya Partners (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Google Hangouts interview. Spoke with two hiring managers about job description. Overall good experience pretty straight forward. They told me exactly what I was looking for. Afterwards I was told the recruiter would speak to me in a few days and that never happened. Interviewer told me that they were interviewing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in cable installation? Crestron systems? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astreya Partners (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was approached via LinkedIn by a sourcer who asked for my resume. After sending it in and going through an initial phone screen, it moved on to a video conference interview with the recruiter followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager. The whole process moved very quickly - I received an offer within 2 weeks of being initially contacted. The recruiter and hiring manager were helpful and informative throughout the process, providing detailed information and answering my questions openly and honestly (whether it was about compensation, the role or the company).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was difficult as there was a hard cap to the amount they could offer due to the fact that they are billing their client at an established rate and need to meet their margins. No flexibility on PTO or pay as a result of this. If you indicate you currently make less than the cap (which you won't know going in) then it will feel like you can negotiate because you can negotiate up to the cap. If you indicated that you make at or around the cap, then they'll be straight forward and tell you what the max they can offer you is. Unfortunately it almost truly is the max, not just a tactic to negotiate you down.

My hiring manager/boss was a big factor in influencing my decision to accept. Even though I felt a little put off by the fact that they couldn't budge on pay/PTO, he worked with me to build in some perks that made life better, even if it wasn't more pay.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Astreya Partners (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Screening interview, technical phone interview then face to face.
    The interview went very well but after a month they said they changed the job profile. It was a waste of time for me.

Interview Questions

• The questions are about spanning tree ,OSPF, BGP , IPSEC, Subnetting and troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Astreya Partners.

Interview

They called me in the morning and told me they found my profile online that fit one of their job openings. I received an email from them within an hour requesting my current resume and fill out the prescreener form. They called again in the afternoon and left a voicemail asking me to submit the information in the next 10-15 minutes because it is urgent. I didn't hear back from them since. I called in the afternoon the next day to find out they determined I don't qualify.

Interview Questions

• How do you spell your name?   1 Answer