Astrix Technology Group Packaging Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Astrix Technology Group

1 Interview Review

2.0

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astrix Technology Group in May 2019.

Interview

Really unfortunate that Alcon uses this company to fill their temporary positions. I was called by a recruiter with Astrix regarding a temp position with Alcon and went through the interview process. First red flag was the recruiter asking me to change my Linkedin profile picture to "look more mature". Pretty disrespectful. My current picture is one that HR took on my first day of work at my current job, so nothing unprofessional about it at all. I spent a while writing up a nice cover letter for her to submit to Alcon, which earned me a phone interview with the hiring manager there that I'd be reporting to. The phone interview with Alcon was easy enough. About a week later I got a call from the recruiter saying I got the job offer. It was $30/hour, worst benefits I've ever seen, and they wouldn't be helping with relocation, which would be basically across the country for me from where I am now. I sent a long email to the recruiter basically saying I would need $35/hour to make the move worth my while. She called me the next week and pretended to have never received that email. Totally playing games. She then said she would have to see if $35 was "in the budget". I know how recruiting agencies work. I know Alcon is probably paying them $70/hour to have me there and they just didn't want to give up more of their profits off of me. I had another offer from a different staffing agency that was actually $40/hour, much more reasonable for the lack of benefits you get with these kinds of jobs. So not all staffing agencies are this bad. Luckily in the meantime I was offered and accepted a full-time salary position paying about $16k higher with real benefits and a generous relocation package, and I was able to not get caught up in the mess of this company. My advice: stay away if you can. Again very unfortunate that big/desirable companies like Alcon work with shady companies like this to fill positions. Alcon could've done great things for my career.

Interview Questions

• "Is it possible for you to change your linked in picture with the one from your pdf resume. It looks more mature."   1 Answer