Asurion Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Asurion Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

They make it such a big deal but it's not they hire everyone because they have a hire turn over rate. Every 3 months there hiring groups because that's how you are trained.

Interview Questions

• Ask about recent experience to make sure you can deal with ignorant and rude customers. Watch carefully the words they use. Gives you hints how the job is really going to be.   Answer Question

Bilingual Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received a confirmation email that my application was under review. It took them about a week to contact me back informing me that they were interested in speaking with me. The Recruiter (Susan) reached out and went over the job description, responsibilities, and my experience. She then informed me that I should be hearing back soon if they were interested in a second interview.

Within a few days, Susan reached out to me again and informed me that the Customer Operations Director was interested in meeting me via video conference. I sent her my availability, and within hours, I received the video conference details.

Long story short, I interviewed with their Director face-to-face, a panel of five in Houston, and another panel at their HQ in Nashville, TN. According to the Susan, I was their "top candidate," and that their team were impressed with my qualifications, and would be making their decision soon.

Unfortunately, "soon" turned out to be two weeks, and I went from "top candidate" to getting rejected. Susan claimed that they had found a more suitable candidate for their position, and turned me down.

Almost nine months later, and they still have not filled this so-called "crucial" role; which leads me to believe that they either have no clue who they want to hire or are waiting for "the perfect" candidate.

Interview Questions

• They followed the S.T.A.R. approach asking for specific experiences where I showed leadership, overcame mistakes, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

3 part interview process

First there was the Phone interview. They ask a few questions and whether you'd be okay with working a certain schedule. Then they set you up to come in for a group interview. Then
    Single interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX).

Interview

Pretty basic process you go in for 1 on 1 interview and then you are called back for group interview. Pretty much the more outgoing you are the more likely you are to get a position. They look for people that work well in team setting and get along well with others.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about policies and rules ever changing? (its a call center things always change you get over it)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

3 step interview.first through the phone, then one on one. You meet with a supervisor and they all you scenario questions. and finally in a group. You have to present yourself with a couple of questions like where are you from whats your best quality and why.

Retail Computer Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

3 different phone calls to recruiters. first contact was with email then phone call with first recruiter if you pass first phone call you get a call from a technology recruiter once you pass that you talk to a local recruiter where a group interview is scheduled once hired 4 weeks of training

Interview Questions

• how do you access task manager on a windows computer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Did an application online at 11pm at night, and received an email at 10 am next day to set up an over the phone interview. Very simple questions, basically about work experience. After the phone interview, i had a face to face with the Supervisor, and HR. Last, i had a panel interview with 2 more supervisors, where they watch me and 15 other applicants interact with each other.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation needed. Fair enough offer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX).

Interview

Three interviews. Very short (30 mins each). Typical background checks. Nothing unusual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company (at the time) had a rule that insurance benefits would not kick in for 90 days. I requested an immediate start for benefits, and they agreed.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiters are outsourced and varied from being really responsive to requiring multiple phone calls from me to determine what the next steps were. They were very responsive in getting travel arrangements set up for the onsite interview. Interviews themselves ranged from organized behavioral based to unorganized free flow panel interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between hiring a leader within the organization versus externally?   Answer Question
    • How long would you be satisfied in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary several thousand over initial offer. If you're considering an offer anywhere, know what you feel the job is worth and what your skills are to bring to the table.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Quick & easy, they asked a few questions and i answered them easily. They then send you to take a drug test and do your background check. Once it is all clear,they make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Absolutely nothing. Lousy pay rate for someone experienced.