Atkins Interview Questions in Birmingham, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Ecologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online via their recruitment portal and it took about a month for them to contact me. I was contracted by an internal recruiter with a time and date. The 2:1 interview took 1.5hrs and consisted of a series of standard interview questions and a test. I was also shown a series of photos to name the species. I was given a phase 1 map / development proposal of which I had to outline which surveys I would do and why at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Brush up on your standard interview questions (e.g a time you've been a leader / time you've been in a challenging scenario what did you do what was the outcome etc). Make sure you know all your animal footprints, including common on protected species (i.e dog / cat). Common invasive plant species. How you could carry out all the protected species surveys. Reptile species (photos). A couple of really difficult photos which were either otter or water vole. Phase 1. Legislation for each species - badger, birds, etc. Conservation designations in the UK (SSSI, AONB etc).   Answer Question

Transport Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Firstly applied online which is pretty standard for most companies. Was then invited to take a numerical and inductive reasoning tests. Once I had been told I had passed these I had to submit a formal application online which consisted of questions such as "Why Atkins?", "What can you bring to the team?" etc. as well as specifying the locations I wanted to work in. The next stage was a phone interview which was relatively easy - just speaking about your experiences and how you would approach certain scenarios. I was told straight away at the end of the phone interview that I was accepted to partake in an assessment day.

The assessment started with a technical test - nothing too difficult, just revise the basics (don't think anyone did exceptionally well). Next task was a group discussion/debate in which we had to give a solution for a hypothetical scenario. A written assessment was next which judges your ability to analyse data as well as your written skills - probably the easiest part of the day. And finally a technical interview - mine was an hour long but the time really flies by. We discussed my test and then he looked at my CV. Tricky interview for the interviewer was helpful and didn't ever make me feel uncomfortable. Never thought I'd say this, but it was actually a really enjoyable day.

Currently waiting to hear back on if I will be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• For the technical test.. Hogging and sagging beams, tensile strength in a cable, elastic modulus, second moement of area, plastic/elastic areas etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

First stage is an online reading and numerical test. Second stage was a telephone interview with HR. Third stage was a technical interview. Fourth stage was an HR day in Birmingham with other applicants.

Water Ground Environment Year Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

typical interview questions, very informal, more than a competent employee they also want a 'people person'.

I think it does depend on who interviews you, because managers have some leeway with regards to how they run their team, so the culture you experience could differ widely. This would be reflected in their questions.

ADVICE:
    don't worry if you stutter and dont overthink questions, just be honest and to the point.
    don't be overfamiliar, it is a professional environment

Interview Questions

• name a challenge you had to overcome,
      Why civil engineering   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Atkins (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was arranged by a recruitment agency. The interview was conducted by a practice manager and a Regional Director. It was a friendly chat, not a formal rigorous interview/testing and lasted 1 hour.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Went to the office, 1:1 interview and no technical questions were asked.