Atkins Interview Questions in Epsom, England | Glassdoor

Interviews at Atkins

3.3

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was easy and relaxing. The employees will try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Asking you questions related to your Cv and things that you have done or work completed throughout uni time.

Interview Questions

• Why Atkins? Why geotechnical engineering? Subjects you like and dislike most and why?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The selection process included the following stages:
    1. On-line application form (October 2016) including specific questions apart from CV and personal info
    2. On line Situational Test
    3. On-line Ability Tests (Numerical, Diagrammatic Reasoning)
    4. Telephone Interview:
    -held by HR, not technical based; CV review; motivational and competency questions
    5. Assessment Center (January 2017)
    -Group exercise
    -Individual Technical exercise (various engineering problem solving)
    -Individual Case-Study exercise (provide a solution to a client's problem based on a lot of "real-life" data and clients' email)
    -Technical Interview

Interview Questions

• The interview stage during the assessment day was held by Technical Manager and assistant. A lot of questions were around previous work experience and its relevance to the current role. Questions on justifying further your answers given to the technical exercise may be asked.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Apply online -> Online tests -> Hiring Manager -> Telephone interview-> Assessment centre

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone interview first, depending on that a face to face was scheduled.
    I find really annoying how they say they will contact you regardless of the decision, but they never do; and even when you contact HR to ask about results and feedback they are never straightforward with their answers.

Interview Questions

• There was a long list of questions, they were all related to previous experience and how would that apply to them.
      Unexpected question - How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

30 min technical and competency based interview and general discussion about the role. A very relaxed environment with calming interviewers. Started with general questions, why the role? Why the company? Moving on to competency based questions teamwork? Initiative?. Both pushed for questions and were willing to discuss their experiences with the company and previous ones

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Dreadful experience , detailed online application, contacted weeks later from offshore recruiter. Given 24 hours notice of Epsom office interview slot. Disorganised interview with inexperienced junior recruiter constantly being guided by mentor. Felt like part of a learning experiment. Unconvinced role existed as vague description when tried to glean more detail. 80 minutes of my life I won’t get back not to mention travelling time, parking and petrol. Had to contact offshore after two weeks as heard nothing - didn’t even have courtesy to respond. Self important time wasters. No wonder turnover is so high.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First stage was a telephone interview which lasted about one hour, after a week I was offered a face to face interview which again lasted about an hour and a half.

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

A fifteen minute phone call discussing the available role, followed by a two-to-one interview at the Atkins office in Epsom. Despite assurance of contact within one week I received no feedback.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

First I submitted my CV, then I was given a test to do. After that I was contacted by HR and a date for the 1 on 1 interview was set. Communication was friendly, clear and professional. The interviewers were friendly and put me at ease even during difficult questions.

Graduate Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Once at the assessment centre (Epsom office), I undertook a technical exam covering basic principles in engineering geology and geotechnics, followed by a technical interview (mix of personal questions followed by a review of the technical exam); both took an hour each. Next was a written exercise based on project management, followed by a group discussion exercise. There were seven people there in total, applying for a range of graduate roles between civil engineering, rivers and dams engineering, geotechnical engineering (tunnelling) and engineering geology.

Heard back from them within 7 business days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this role?   1 Answer