Atkins Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atkins Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Atkins

3.4

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atkins (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Firstly, I was asked to complete a situational judgement test. Questions are simple, however, they didn't allow me to pass. Most of my classmates got the same result. It is strange as we didn't even have the chance to upload our cv and cover letters.

Interview Questions

• If one of your colleagues is ill and the client asks you about specific questions, which you don't understand but he does. How will you respond?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Atkins

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atkins in July 2014.

Interview

Initially applied to Atkins via their website. The application process was fairly simple not taking more than an hour. A week later I was sent numerical and verbal reasoning tests to carry out.
    Approximately a month later I was contacted on my mobile for an on the spot telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• The telephone interview lasted between 10 - 15 minutes and asked the following questions:
      - Why Atkins
      - Why civil
      - What interests you about this position   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was easy and relaxing. The employees will try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Asking you questions related to your Cv and things that you have done or work completed throughout uni time.

Interview Questions

• Why Atkins? Why geotechnical engineering? Subjects you like and dislike most and why?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

After successful application stage had to complete aptitude and a few psychometric tests. Quite relaxed phone interview and presentation, technical task, study case exercise, group exercise and interview with hiring managers during assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 5 years time. What challenges consultancy companies face?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

Lengthy process. I applied in November 2018. Passed the SJT, answered the tricky application questions and passed to the next stage which were the crazy hard numerical and logical tests. Passed them too but Learned that i was rejected In Feb 2019 after I emailed for feedback. So i didnt make it to the phone interview. I passed my MSc with distinction. And I have work experience. It is tough to find work in the UK when you have a funny name and a Funny tinge.

Interview Questions

• Why Atkins
      Client focused questions
      Question on motivation and initiative   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Was invited to an assessment centre at Bristol for their Nuclear Engineering graduate scheme. It consisted of a technical test, followed by a technical interview. There was also a group activity, hr interview and presentation to two ladies from HR. No formal interview with Atkins Engineers. Very technically focused.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online then got sent a link to a physometric test with two parts one numerical and one logical. Had to call them after 5 weeks to ask about the progress of my application then got a primary phone interview. Questions were about current visa status, why work for Atkins and graduation gpa. Got a second detailed 30 min phone interview with 4 questions

Interview Questions

• a situation where you demonstrated team working skills   1 Answer
    • situation where you demonstrated problem solving   Answer Question
    • how do you cope with changing environment   Answer Question
    • A situation where you failed to influence a similar collegue   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins in April 2019.

Interview

Process kind of long. Applied in February, Pass the first steps online. I took difficult mathematics and logical tests and I didn't hear anything anymore. After one month they gave a positive result and planned a telephone interview with a HR.
    Interview really easy and without any pressure. She asked me only one question that was Why Atkins? Interview looked went good for me and she asked me if I was available to go to Epsom 2 week later if the telephone interview were gone good. They didn't let me know anything until 5 days before the date. They told me I wasn't selected with a sad and not professional email and not feedback.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (York, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially had to submit the application then had a couple of online tests which were pretty standard. Had a call for a phone interview which was competency based. Have now progressed to assessment centre and just waiting on that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used an original/innovative idea to solve a problem.   2 Answers
    • Name a time when you successfully developed a relationship with a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you worked as a team to achieve a goal.   Answer Question