Atkins Graduate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atkins Graduate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Atkins

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview was a technical interview almost 45 mins long. Questions were behavioral and mostly related to my thesis work.
On-site interview went on the whole day. I was asked to give a technical presentation during which a lot of presentation based questions were asked. I was interviewed by a group of employed engineers first and then by 3 managers separately. Overall it was all resume based and not very difficult.

Other Interview Reviews for Atkins

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

After they had accepted my online application the process started with online competency questions, numerical, verbal reasoning and personality, these were actually quite easy compared to other companies I applied for.
    Next was the phone interview, which was really just a screening exercise. They make sure you know what you are applying for, so you need to know a bit about what the role involves, also they will ask why you want to work for their company or how you know of the company.
    Then you get invited to the assessment day, which is quite formal, but they do try to make you feel relaxed. This was the second one I had done and was pretty traditional from other assessment days I have researched. It was a pretty long day, started at 9:30 and finished at 3:30 in their London office, so if you have to travel like I did be prepared to feel tired!
    I heard that they have 35 places to give graduates across the Bristol and London offices so you are against everyone in the room with you basically, so that can add some pressure.
    The day was split into a relaxed Q&A session, which is more about you finding out more about them, and how you'd fit into the role you're applying for. Then you have a written assessment where you have to analyse some data and write a report on how you would solve the problem. I didn't find this too difficult as i have a business background but the more technical candidates there said it was hard, mainly because they are used to report writing.
    There was then a presentation with technical questions after, they give you the topic a week before and you can prepare as much or little as you wish. I would say don't focus so much on the topic they set but more on how you would complete the task. The technical questions was probably my weakest area as I have been out of Uni for a year and they were about different theories, or processes and basically wanted definitions as answers.
    And then finally there is a group exercise, which was pretty easy, read information by yourself for 5 minutes and then work as a team to come up with an answer. Just don't be the person that is trying to come up with all the points because it is supposed to be a discussion and you will look silly when someone disagrees with you. Listen and engage with other members, they are looking for team work not leadership as they will pick up these characteristics throughout the day.

Advice I would give is:
    Be prepared, do your background research, but they want to know about you not their business. If you have relevant work experience talk about this, I have worked full time for a year and a half so it was more relevant than my uni projects.
    Look at the company principles and see how you align with them, and then mention it in your face to face interviews.
    Ask questions, everyone says it but it does make you look interested in the job, even if it is just about the company not about the role, try to be engaged with the interviewers.
    Relax, easy to say but you will show more of your personality if you are. They really aren't trying to catch you out and are trying to put you at ease all the time.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: why did you choose your degree subject   Answer Question
    • Phone interview: What is it about project management that interests you?   Answer Question
    • Phone interview: Why ATKINS/ How did you hear about ATKINS?   Answer Question
    • Assessment day: Why do you think you'll be suited to the role?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (London, England (UK)) in March 2009.

Interview

Initially completed a detailed online application form with a variety of generic questions. Was then invited to a phone interview conducted by HR followed by an assesmsent centre that involved further testing as well as 3 different types of 1:1 interviews, technical, personality and case study.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

All total there are 3 rounds in the recruitment process. First round was written round- consist of 60 technical questions and 30 aptitute question, to be solved in 90 mins. @nd round was group activity task( a bit different from GD). 3rd round consists of 2 part- technical interview round and then HR interview round.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question in the written round was 7-9 questions from "Instrumentation"   Answer Question