Atkins Graduate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atkins Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Atkins

3.1

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Atkins in January 2015.

Interview

I have applied through their career website, answering to several background, attitude and motivation questions.
After a week, I have been sent a link to complete an online assessment, both numerical and text comprehension. The test lasts about an hour and it requires cold thinking, given the time pressure. Its result has been sent to me within one day and, being positive, my application moved forward.
After some other two months, I got a phone call from the graduate office to arrange a first skype interview. This one has been very relaxed and merely about their and mine expectations, as well as on my academic/professional background and on the features of the graduate programme.
Eventually, after a positive answer to the skype interview, I have been invited to the Epsom HQ and I have had the "short version" of their standard assessment interview: after a small talk, I was given some technical problems to solve (most of them where very basic, while some other structural problems were a little tricky) in 45 minutes, then I had to discuss my answers (both wrong and correct) with two examiner and, eventually, I had to write a letter of expropriation as if i were the project manager. They let me know the result of this last interview in one week and promptly made their offer.

Interview Questions

• I would pay much attention to the first two steps of the recruitment process: take your time to answer to the motivation and background questions and take some example tests before trying the online assessment.
    For the tech interview, just read again the basics of civil engineering, study a little bit of structure analysis and, obviously, be well prepared in your area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the starting day for the contract, as i was pleased with the rest of their offer

Other Interview Reviews for Atkins

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First submitted my CV to a recruiter who passed it on to the manager of the team interested. I was called for an interview the following week. Attended a one hour interview with the manager.

During the interview I was given a description of the company and the team and the role of a graduate engineer.

I was asked to describe my background and career to date. I was asked why I wanted to work for Atkins, what my goals were and what my salary expectations were.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Atkins (New Delhi (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Campus Placement in IIT delhi, only M-tech or dual degree were considered. Started with written test which had multiple choice questions. Then followed by a Group discussion. Finally a personal interview by a panel of judges. Overall good organized process. The interview went for around 30mins and we got the result after a wait of 4 working days.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Extremely long process.

I completed the online application in October 2016, shortly afterwards I did a situational judgment test, then psychometric tests.

It wasn't until January 2017 I was invited to do a phone interview which was generally good and pretty straightforward.

I had to wait a month to do the assessment day, which again was quite straightforward: one written exercise, group exercise, a technical test in which I just had to write down everything I knew about specific topics (basically how much I could remember off a wiki page) so no problem-solving whatsoever, and then just discussed my CV with a hiring manager.

It took a month for Atkin to get back to me and I had to call them twice to ask about my application. I didn't receive an offer and the only feedback they offered was that my answers to technical questions were lacking detail.

Overall a very poor experience and I was treated very badly by the company's HR. I actually had to interview for a job I didn't even apply for, you just apply to the scheme, state your preferences and then they just put you forward for whatever job they want.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you took responsibility.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Atkins (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Written test, group task, and PI. Written test will include aptitude questions (quant and English), electronics basics questions MCQ. Group task - some challenge is given and as a group, you need to discuss and solve. PI includes few questions from basic electronics and solving real world problems. Explain answers by drawing on a sheet of paper

Interview Questions

• Basic electronics, solving real world problems   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

1st round, written test, total 8 question, answer 3 out of 8, the first 6 questions is technical and last 2 question is general issue.
    2nd round, panel interview, 1 HR and 2 Engineers, involve both general and technical questions

Interview Questions

• Written test is simple engineering question
      Panel interview included self-introduction, what do you know about the company, why choosing this company and some other follow up questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Epsom, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The selection process included the following stages:
    1. On-line application form (October 2016) including specific questions apart from CV and personal info
    2. On line Situational Test
    3. On-line Ability Tests (Numerical, Diagrammatic Reasoning)
    4. Telephone Interview:
    -held by HR, not technical based; CV review; motivational and competency questions
    5. Assessment Center (January 2017)
    -Group exercise
    -Individual Technical exercise (various engineering problem solving)
    -Individual Case-Study exercise (provide a solution to a client's problem based on a lot of "real-life" data and clients' email)
    -Technical Interview

Interview Questions

• The interview stage during the assessment day was held by Technical Manager and assistant. A lot of questions were around previous work experience and its relevance to the current role. Questions on justifying further your answers given to the technical exercise may be asked.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins in December 2017.

Interview

Started with an application online. There were some capability questions in the application. Moved on to the online tests which were quite easy. Then a telephone interview very formal and nice which I'm currently awaiting results.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins.

Interview

First, I completed a situational judgmental test. I then applied online and did an online test. A few weeks later I got a telephone interview and got notified to attend the assessment centre two weeks in advance.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Typical online application process, situational judgement, numerical tests. Assessment Day included group exercise, technical and competency interview, and report writing.

Only received feedback months after rejection which makes the experience negative.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure that a meeting your attend progress well as the chair of the meeting?   Answer Question