Atkins Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atkins Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Atkins

3.3

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied 4 times, since i met each and every one of there requirements was asked to under go psychometric test, received a mail stating that i will be contacted shortly since i passed, eight weeks later a mail was send stating that i was not being pursued for the position. each and every time WOW!!!!!!!!, Strong advice don't count on them once they send you this mail.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Atkins

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Derby, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

There was a four stage hiring process. Firstly needed to complete a range of different competency questions relating to aspects of interest to Atkins. Then required to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test online, similar to other companies. Upon completing these two stages you will be invited to attend a phone interview, this again was predominately competency based, particularly focusing on examples of previous experience. Finally if successful you will be invited to an assessment centre, this is an all day event with a range of different tasks both technical relating to the area you applied for and some competency based tasks, such as a group exercise and presentation based exercise.

Interview Questions

• I found the most unexpected questions to be some of the technical questions. This were significantly more fundamental than I had expected and as such were more difficult than needed to be if I had prepared differently.   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins.

Interview

Standard recruitment process. Application followed by verbal and numerical reasoning tests. Phone interview, mostly why Atkins and competency questions. Fairly relaxed. Assessment centre for full day, includes technical exam and interview reviewing the exam, competency interview, case study & presentation and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Technical exam. Probably easy if I had revisited 1st & 2nd year structural mechanics & dynamics.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Assessment centre. Run smoothly, friendly staff and clear agenda for the day.

Arrived - Briefed on the company and state of business division applying for - had a quick test to do (referred to later in the process) - had a report to write and present ideas - one-to-one competency interview - chat to current grads - run through test - phone call with offer a week later.

Quick to respond. Would recommend.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time when you have had to change someone's mind to agree with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took around 3 months and I got the the assessment centre but was rejected a week later. The day included a test, technical interview, report writing exercise and a group exercise. The test was quite tricky, we had been told it would be testing the basic principles of our degree but the questions were very specific and on topics I hadn't really studied; however, I think it was supposed to be like that and they wanted to see how well you could work the problem and explain your answers in your interview.

Interview Questions

• The test included questions about how particular systems, such as a pulley system, might fail. There were also general "can you describe a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Derby, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Simple application start up, situational judgement tests, then application questions. If you pass this you then have a short informal phone interview, followed by an assessment centre. Assessment centre composes of a 45 minute engineering exam, a 1 hour case study exam, a 1 hour group project, and finally an interview with a member of HR and a graduate engineer.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time where you said "No"?   1 Answer

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Bristol, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online, passed the online tests. Had a brief phone interview with the HR recruiter (competency questions, some similar to your answers for the online application). Invited to a full day assessment center with a technical exam, interview based on the exam and exploring your CV, a group exercise and individual reasoning/business style test.

Interview Questions

• Basic theory about stresses and strains in a pressure vessel.
      Analysis of an existing design for failure modes and improvements, plus consequences of use.
      Analysis of a heating element and the safety factors that should be implemented.   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

A 15 minutes telephone interview conducted to get to know you better and your motivations for applying to Aktins. Standard interview questions. The interviewer also tells you about the company and what to expect during the assessment centre if you get through the telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Atkins?
      Why the role?
      Tell me what you know about the graduate programme   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online through the following steps:
    - Initial basic form (why am I applying to Atkins)
    - Situational judgment test (Standard test)
    - Full form including experience and questions (Questions about consultancy approach)
    - Online tests (Numerical and pattern tests)
    - Phone interview (15 mins, basic questions about why Atkins)
    - Assessment centre (Full day at Bristol office, including technical test, technical interview, presentation, interview, report writing, group task, networking)

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Hiring day consisted of:

Individual theoretical technical exam paper (mainly simple engineering, free body diagrams etc. no calculations involved)
    Group Exercise supervised by 4 members of staff
    Individual reading and writing task
    Individual presentation
    Individual Interview and review of technical paper

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you have experienced conflict in a group and how it was resolved   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a large work load and how it was managed   Answer Question