Atkins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atkins Interview Questions

Interviews at Atkins

Sweeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

they asked me to sweep the floor and show how good I am in it. ia m proud of my abilities.

Interview Questions

• they insisted on sweeping the floor   1 Answer

Negotiation

quick and easy

ITS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Atkins (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a light hearted phone conversation with my future manger. Was more curious about me & my personality rather then my resume. Wanted to see if I would be a good culture fit and being willing to learn at the pace he required.

Also was interviewed by his boss and it was the same type of conversation. I interviewed for an entry level job while still in school.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with communications technology & protocols.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Atkins.

Interview

I applied through Year in Industry, a scheme by Engineering Development Trust. I asked the admin people to send over my CV to the company. In this case, the Rotherham based nuclear division. Was called for an interview soon after.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very straighforward. The interviewers were genuinely interested to help you work through questions, especially technical questions. All technical questions were structural based. Draw bending moment diagrams, resolve forces and find moments in different structures. Competency questions included how you manage when many deadlines are coming up together soon.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Planning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins in February 2012.

Interview

Company Intro
    VAcancy Intro
    Place of Posting

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

In a word, INTERESTING! One stage interview which i felt went fairly well but never got any feedback other than they needed to see more people out the batch i was seen in before making a decision on my suitability. I never got a call back telling me i was unsuccessful and why after this additional batch of people was seen.

Interview Questions

• Why i was interested in moving from contract to the permanent market.   Answer Question

Naval Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins (London, England (UK)).

Interview

High level technical test examining approach to engineering problems related to job role. Review of answers to go through thought process and method. Interview consisting of questions related to position and general engineering approach.

Analyst Interview

Interview

very technical

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Standard online application where you upload your CV.
    Then invited to an assessment centre about 2 months after. At the assessment centre had private interview, though another assessor joined mid-way through, and team exercise which was building a paper tower. There were about 4 other candidates there. They gave you a presentation about the company (good if you hadn't researched them) and let you meet some of the team. They also provided lunch which was good :)
    Offered the job a month after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Atkins? [and other standard questions]   1 Answer

Apprentice Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Very thorough but concise, no repetitive or pointless questions, interviewed as part of a group activity whilst being assessed for team work and quality of participation in the group task (which was building a tower out of toilet paper tubes). Second part on the same day was a 1:1 interview with a member of staff from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a problem and how you solved it   1 Answer

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Atkins (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Get call from TA , they asked me for face to face interview , i go their office and my interview going there , they also paid me for that interview (accommodation and for travelling)

Interview Questions

• They asked about my technical skills and future prospects   2 Answers