Atkinson-Baker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

General Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker (Glendale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is not even an Interview. You are being told to write a hand written letter in paper you can't even use the computer in the cubicle you are sitting in, which I thought was absurd. Second, they give you two quizzes with shapes and dots in the shapes, and circle the ones with the dots. I believe this company is not looking to hire but rather getting studies of people looking for a job they are probably getting money doing it. The job posting has been on for two years straight non stop every month it pops up in Craigslist. DON'T GET USED! At the end of the day if you go you lose and they win.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker (Glendale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did a quick phone pre-screen, followed by an interview the following week. Just prior to the physical interview, I had to prepare a business letter (basic details in the interview question area below). The interview itself was very basic, a one-on-one with the HR associate. Questions were the standard ones, same as most interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary, very simple and straight forward.

What was new to me was the Scientology based ideology the company uses to score its interviewees and employees. After the interview itself, you are submitted to a simple Scientology based IQ/Personality assessment test. Overall process was about an hour.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a business response letter to an imaginary customer who was delinquent on payments. They gave me pencil and a sheet of blank paper, and left me for a few minutes.   Answer Question

Professional Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and was called for a telephone interview. The recruiter asked me several relevant questions about my background and scheduled an in person interview with me. In the confirmation email, they ask you to dress professionally and bring a hard copy of your resume with you. The front office greeters are not very welcoming and the attitude of the place is somewhat elitist. They put me in a cubicle and asked me to hand write a business letter, based on a scenario they provided. After I finished that, the interviewer came in with a type of personality test that is timed (she sat there as I completed it). Subsequent to that, she asked me a couple questions and was finished. I had no formal interview - it was basically a glorified screening and a waste of my time. I know I got the "brush off" and I have a good idea why. I expected better from this company, because according to their website, they seemed to be committed to a professional employment experience. From what I saw, not so much...

General Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker (Glendale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Long. They over schedule candidates which translates to longer waits for all involved. If you do well in the first set of tests, you get to stick around and take a few more until lastly you finally get interviewed. Like I said, it's a long process.
    Try to get free parking so you don't have to worry about getting a ticket. I don't suggest using a parking garage, this job isn't worth it.

Interview Questions

• Fist they ask you to draft a short business letter. After that you do a typing test. Finally you do a spelling test (US cities) and if you flip the back of the page, there's a short visual geometry test that a six-year old could easily do (no proofs or formulas--- so relax!)

I believe the next two steps are conditional on you performing well in the above ^

Once all that gets scored, the next step is pseudo IQ test that you get 20 minutes to complete. (tests grammar, basic arithmetic, logic, etc).

Lastly, if all goes well, you interviewed by a few more individuals including the CEO.

The process itself isn't too long or too difficult, just time consuming.... Again, try to find free street parking, but I don't recommend paying a flat fee in a parking garage, this job isn't worth the expense (I only did it because I was desperate and naive enough to think that all the testing meant I was dealing with a good company)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation involved. The best reply you can get from them is that perhaps you may get a raise after your 90-day probation, however, it's not a guarantee. (And after working for this company I can tell you without any doubt that raises are hard to come by and virtually too small to be meaningful)

Document Quality Control Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker.

Interview

Took me in and had me sign a paper regarding the company's belief/use of Scientology. Then they gave a scenario which was to be written out in business letter format. After that, there was a one on one interview. Standard interview questions, nothing special. And after that, the fun part... an 80 question IQ test to be done in 30 minutes (Did not even finish).

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Waited in reception area, called to a cubicle to write a letter and read a disclaimer about how the business functions under the L. Ron Hubbard way of beliefs. I was then asked into the interview room with the HR Rep who began fumbling her words, then apologized that she was tired. She handed me the IQ test and said that AFTER I finish reading the directions, to tell her. Once I did, she began timing me. The IQ test consisted of a series of shapes and lines. Last question was for me to write my name along the left hand page and circle my name once and my last name twice.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about each job, starting with just the first two. She pronounced the title of one position somewhat overly worded and fancy, then asked what I did there.   Answer Question

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker (Glendale, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied to the job position that was posted on Craigslist. I emailed and submitted the application online separately as well. A week later I received an email asking for me to come in for an interview. The person on the phone was very friendly, so I was surprised to find all the negative comments on here. Then I actually walked inside the office and realized why. The front desk attendants did not look very inviting, and everyone else I encountered walking to the cubicle all sort of looked like they had the life sucked out of them (except for the person interviewing me, she/he was very friendly). I was seated. Given three sheets of paper. One was me agreeing to follow the scientologist way the company was structured, (though claiming they were run on religious toleration), the second sheet was a form that I was supposed to handwrite into a business letter on the third empty sheet of paper. I found it difficult to concentrate while filling out these forms because the people in cubicles around me were ironically having a conversation about leaving, apparently one found another job in Malibu. After that was done, the interviewer came back and asked me to take a typing test. I finished quickly, then went back into the office to be interviewed. Upon being seated I was handed another sheet of paper testing my IQ. I found this ridiculous, and it really stirred me away from the company. The interviewer then discussed the open positions available, asked which I preferred. Then told me that they would follow up by the end of the week or beginning of following week. They haven't followed up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Calendar Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker.

Interview

Interview consisted of writing a formal business letter, two 1-on-1 interviews, typing test, and IQ test all in one day.

Interview Questions

• This company practices the business principles of L. Ron Hubbard. Are you okay with that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

During 2nd interview, I was told I couldn't negotiate the starting pay.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker (Glendale, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. My resume was accepted, I had an interview with HR who went over my application and resume. I was asked questions about prior jobs and the skills that I felt I had and could bring to Atkinson-Baker. I was able to ask my own questions about the company and it's guidelines, etc.

Managerial Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkinson-Baker (Glendale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

2-part interview. First you meet with the Human Resources director and then you have a separate interview with the CEOs. They will give you a skills test that relates to your position. If it is for accounting it could be adding numbers. If it is for their Settings department it could be a spelling test. Whatever it is, they will test you and give you a run down on how each department works. They may even tell you about employees that like to party and that you should stay away from them and their trips to Vegas. Kind of weird, but it happened. I guess they don't want you hanging out with certain co-workers outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand that we use L. Ron Hubbard Business Management Systems to train our employees and that it is NOT religions?   1 Answer